Pressure washer storage maintenance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there anything that needs to be done to a pressure washer when not in use? I used my pressure washer then a month later I came back to use it and noticed the tip I used was rusted. I've heard guys run antifreeze through the pump and hose etc. Will that eliminate rust problems too?

I think the rust is caused from how it was stored. Where do you leave it? Do you run any products through it? I would store it in a dry place is all. Ive never used antifreeze or any such products on it and its been fine the few years ive had mine.

Try storing it with the tip up, or remove the tip.

I don't do anything special with my pressure washer until it's time to put away for the winter.

More importantly, you should run antifreeze thru the pump each time you use it. They make foaming antifreeze that expands and forces water out of the pump. I never really worry about the tips and have never had to replace one. If I did, they are only a few bucks on Amazon.

I didn't think or know about pump antifreeze. I will buy some. Before winter I've always blown the water out with air.

Originally Posted By: motor_oil_madman
Is there anything that needs to be done to a pressure washer when not in use? I used my pressure washer then a month later I came back to use it and noticed the tip I used was rusted. I've heard guys run antifreeze through the pump and hose etc. Will that eliminate rust problems too?

I use Sta-Bil in the gas and PW pump saver in the pump. Has worked well for years.

Originally Posted By: Donald
Does it freeze where you are? PumpSaver is what many people use.

Obviously normal OPE engine maint.

Usually only a couple days a year and it normally does it without any warning. Last year it got down to 25 degrees for like 5 nights In a row.

I drain the lines, take the tips off, drain the gas tank and empty the carb bowl and then store in the garage....had it since 2001...Honda with 3300 PSI....sucker will cut concrete and take off paint from the front bumper of her car....wife didn't notice!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back