Manual calls for oil meeting “Ford WSS-M2C925-A”

Status
Not open for further replies.
My owner’s manual calls for oil meeting “Ford WSS-M2C925-A”. This standard is pretty obsolete and finding oil that meets it is difficult. Is there anything special about that standard? Or can I safely use oils meeting other, more common standards like the Ford WSS-M2C945-A? I don’t want to harm my engine but it seems absurd that I can only use oil meeting that standard.

Almost without exception, newer standards supercede older ones, are back-compaitble, and you can safely substitute a newer type for an older one. Just go buy some oil and stop worrying.

Originally Posted By: Dpresent
My owner’s manual calls for oil meeting “Ford WSS-M2C925-A”

HUH?

Is this for a Jaguar? (I google that Ford WSS-M2C925-A spec)

Looks like any modern engine oil will do.

What kind of car is this, and is it still under warranty? If not I don't see why a quality oil in the same weight won't work.

I have a 2013 LR Sport that request the Ford WSS-M2C925-A....I used this oil from the dealer until it was out of warranty.......did research and found that Pennzoil Ultra Platinum meets Jaguar Land Rover specs STJLR.03.5004 which it the European acceptance for this 5.0 liter engine........have been using this product and changing every 7500 miles or one year....the Rover sounds smoother with the Penns than the Castrol and are having no issues....no oil loss etc.

The Zetec calls for WSS-M2C153-H
crazy2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back