The HOUSTON ASTROS are World Champions!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was their turn. Charlie Morton was THE man tonight. Shut the Dodgers down during the back half of the game

WAY TO GO ASTROS, WAY TO GO!!!
welcome2.gif
welcome2.gif
welcome2.gif

2017 WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS!!!
cheers3.gif

Originally Posted By: 2015_PSD
It was their turn. Charlie Morton was THE man tonight. Shut the Dodgers down during the back half of the game

Well....I think the Dodger Pitcher allowing those runs in the beginning of the game had a little to do with it.....

2017 OPENING DAY PAYROLLS

1 DODGERS $ 242,065,828
2 YANKEES $ 201,539,699
3 RED SOX $ 199,805,178

18 ASTROS $ 124,343,900

Astros beat #1, #2, and #3 richest teams!
thumbsup2.gif

Originally Posted By: gfh77665

1 DODGERS $ 242,065,828
2 YANKEES $ 201,539,699
3 RED SOX $ 199,805,178

18 ASTROS $ 124,343,900

thumbsup2.gif

Yep, sometimes big hearts is better than a mega payroll.

Congratulations to the Astros !!!

Originally Posted By: gfh77665

1 DODGERS $ 242,065,828
2 YANKEES $ 201,539,699
3 RED SOX $ 199,805,178

18 ASTROS $ 124,343,900

thumbsup2.gif

Just goes to show that money is not everything.

Originally Posted By: CKN
Originally Posted By: 2015_PSD
Well....I think the Dodger Pitcher allowing those runs in the beginning of the game had a little to do with it.....
I am not discounting that, but the Dodgers do have some good hitters and the Astros pitchers were struggling...until Charlie took the mound.

I was bummed to see the Stros beat my Bosox, but I was very happy to see them beat the Yanks and the Dodgers. Wasn't too shocking to see them steamroll Boston after how poorly the latter team played late in the season, though.
George Springer set records for total bases and extra base hits in a World Series.
Cody Bellinger set a record for strikeouts by a batter in a World Series. He also broke Aaron Judge's days old record for batter's strikeouts in a postseason.
Lance McCullers Jr. also set a record by hitting four batters in a single World Series game...he only pitched 2 1/3 innings and miraculously did not give up a run.

Last edited:
Congratulations to the Astros and their fans...I was rooting for them for some of the reasons cited...and rooting against LaLa land isn't hard to do.

Originally Posted By: Virtus_Probi
I was bummed to see the Stros beat my Bosox, but I was very happy to see them beat the Yanks and the Dodgers. Wasn't too shocking to see them steamroll Boston after how poorly the latter team played late in the season, though.
I feel the same and anything is better than seeing the Skankees go, but in this case Houston earned it all the way!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back