2007 Ford Fusion maintenance schedule?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My dad has the 2007 Ford Fusion Owners Manual but it did not include the schedule so he needs one, any ideas? he has owned the car since new.

Thanks

Last edited:
Just me but I had a 2008 Ford Fusion SEL V6 that I changed the oil in it every 5500 miles. I am very sure one could go 10k miles if it's all open highway driving. Plugs are iridium that I found started to miss at 103k miles. So I would change the plugs at or around 100k miles. Coolant I changed every 40-45k miles.

Originally Posted By: andrewp1998
Thats generic. need fusion specific.

Thanks

The link Nick1994 so graciously provided is not generic. Look closely under the Table of Contents. Notice:

Normal Schedule Cars & Minivans ..................29–41
Crown Victoria, Five Hundred, Focus, Freestar, Freestyle, Fusion,
Grand Marquis, LS, Milan, Montego, Monterey, Mustang, Taurus,
Thunderbird, Town Car and Zephyr

If that still doesn't suit you another option is to go to https://owner.ford.com/tools/account/mai...ord/Fusion/3954

There you can enter the Current Estimated Mileage, the Average Mileage Per Day/Per Year, the Driving Conditions and if the vehicle is 4 cylinders or 6 for a customized Ford report.

cheers3.gif

Originally Posted By: Merkava_4
Whatever they say in the owner's manual is going to be WAY too long.

Way too long for what?

The only thing I think OTTOMH that is too long is tranny fluid (and maybe antifreeze). 6F35s are notorious for issues, especially when the fluid is not changed regularly. If you are planning on keeping the car a long time, I would recommend changing every 30-50k doing D&Fs. The belly pan can be a PITA, so I took a spade bit and drilled a hole right under the tranny drain plug. OTOH, the 2.5 is one stout engine, and I have been stretching OCIs every change since I got it... started at 6500 mi, now up to 17k on PUP 0&5W20s (whatever was available), and it's averaging right at 1ppm FE per 1k miles with all other metals below averages. So don't just use a blanket statement that the manual is wrong on everything
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: SubieRubyRoo
Way too long for what?

The length of time they want you to leave the oil in there (7500 miles) is too long.

Originally Posted By: Merkava_4
Originally Posted By: SubieRubyRoo
Way too long for what?

The length of time they want you to leave the oil in there (7500 miles) is too long.

I'm at 17k OCI on PUP in a Fusion, and I challenge you to show me on my UOA's where the engine is suffering with my usage and choice of oil. I have no doubt at this rate that my engine will easily make it past 250k, and on only 7-8 more oil changes from today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back