Mechanichal Tire Pressure Gauge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone! First time poster here. I am currently looking to purchase a new tire pressure gauge. I have done some online research, but most reviews are for digital gauges. I want a high quality mechanical gauge. Please name your favorite brands and models.

Accugage

With any mechanical gauge, NEVER drop it or abuse it as this typically renders it inaccurate immediately.

Originally Posted By: Reddy45
Accugage

With any mechanical gauge, NEVER drop it or abuse it as this typically renders it inaccurate immediately.

i have 2 dial and 2 digital. one of the dial is a accu one. from the beginning its been 2 # over . all the the others are with in a 1/2 # of each other

My absolute favorite:

AUTO METER 2160 60 PSI MECHANICAL
105-2160.jpg

I found this article interesting, though:
https://www.yourmechanic.com/article/10-best-car-tire-gauges-by-cheryl-knight

The ones that are long & slender , with the white " stick " that comes out indicating the air pressure .

The digital gauges are mechanical, they just have a non-mechanical readout.

I still use a pencil; very easy to drop a dial and knock it off cal.

What will you use this for?

Id like to have a 0-50 psig for my boiler xtrol and water tank.

You just jogged me to check my xtrol pressure. Must be ould LoneRanger jogged me the other day too and I still haven't checked it - and the boiler was cold Monday since we had a 24 hour power outage!

Last edited:
I keep a pencil gauge in the car, but I compare it periodically to an AccuGauge I keep at home and handle carefully.
The pencil gauge has been 2psi off for many years.
I periodically compare the AccuGauge to a couple of friends digital gauges.

Originally Posted By: circuitsmith

The pencil gauge has been 2psi off for many years.
I periodically compare the AccuGauge to a couple of friends digital gauges.

I use a PCL pencil gauge. It's not that difficult to recalibrate them so no reason they shouldn't last a life time. The working principal is based on a simple extension spring and the calibration is done by the selecting fewer or more coils of the spring to change the spring rate. Unscrew the head and the method of adjustment by turning the spring anchor is fairly obvious.

Thank you all for those recommendations. I will research and compare those units. Does anybody have a Jasco Elite? It seems nicely made and the price is right, but the needle can't be zeroed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back