What oil for my 2017 Titan with the 5.6 V8,,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got myself a Titan,, needing to change the oil,, which one??? I've had it for 2 1/2 months, less than 1,500 miles, need to change it though...[ a good many here will understand this ]

Originally Posted By: widetrax
Got myself a Titan,, needing to change the oil,, which one??? I've had it for 2 1/2 months, less than 1,500 miles, need to change it though...[ a good many here will understand this ]

A good many won't. To me it's a BITOG MONEY FLUSH.

The 5.6 gas is like my Tundra, calling for a 0w-20. Should narrow the choices down some. Looked at both Titan and Tundra, dealers right next to each other, Toyota dealer had the longer bed option.

VISCOSITIES:
All TEMPS....0W-20
CAPACITIES: With filter 6.9 quarts After refill check oil level.
TORQUES: Oil Drain Plug...25 ft/lbs Install a new washer on the drain bolt.

You don't need to change it yet, you only want to.

Most (not all) newer Nissans have a sticker under the hood that gives the recommended viscosity at the very bottom of the sticker. What does the manual say? It might give other options being you live in a 'warm' climate.

As far as brand.... whatever flavor you like.

Delo® 400 XLE SAE 10W-30 CK-4/SN

Delo® 400 LE SAE 5W-30 CJ-4/SN Synthetic

Or just use the Nissan recommended SAE 0w-20, in whatever flavor you wish...

If you feel the need change it early but it won't matter that is a real solid V8 it will still last several hundred thousand miles with basic care and even low cost oil that meets spec.

In MS you could run anything that makes you happy. I'd probably go with 10w-30 if you're going to work it hard.

If going with 0w-20, any of M1 0w-20 are great oils. I'm running the 0w-20 AFE right now

Yes,, I want to change the oil in he truck. Won't hurt a thing,,,,, Somewhere along the line I supposed it takes the 5-30-- maybe not...

Does it require a 0-20 or a 5-30???

It requires 0W-20. Doesn't it say that on the oil cap?

What does it say on the cap, sir? That's the answer as to oil grade.

As to type? Well, what's on sale or within your budget and maybe favorite company or color? That's as to type.

My 2014 version of this motor calls for 5-30. I posted a used oil analysis a week or so ago where I had sampled castrol gtx at 4800 miles and rp hps at 8800 miles, you could look at that UOA report of mine to get an idea of how long you can go on oil change intervals. These motors seem to be hard on oil but do seem to be very solid V8s...don't expect decent gas mileage though (assuming you thought a V8 truck would get good mileage)

My usual on a new vehicle is to change the oil at 2500 miles with conventional then at 5000 and every 5000 after with synthetic. Always good UOA's with Pennzoil Platinum in any weight in any of my family's vehicles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back