GTX Magnatec 10W-30 Synthetic Blend, Noack 6.9%

Status
Not open for further replies.
That Magnatec 10W-30 semi-synthetic is a good looking oil.
Noack Volatility = 6.95 % (very low)
HTHS = 3.18 cP ( high, for comparison M1 10W30 = 3.0 cP)
KV100 = 11.6 cSt (a bit on the thick side for those that like that)

That 10W30 grade is a natural winner, if you don't need that cold starting below 0F (-20 C), then it naturally makes a low volatility oil. Formulate it to be a little on the thick side and you get a good strong 30 grade that would work for most people.

In Australia our Magnatec 10W30 is even thicker (KV100 = 12.4) and it's rated SN and A3/B4, I've used it and found it to be a very smooth oil.

Amsoil's 10w30 is at 4.1% NOACK....is that what this thread is about? Unclear from the title.

Originally Posted By: SR5
That Magnatec 10W-30 semi-synthetic is a good looking oil.
Noack Volatility = 6.95 % (very low)
HTHS = 3.18 cP ( high, for comparison M1 10W30 = 3.0 cP)
KV100 = 11.6 cSt (a bit on the thick side for those that like that)

That 10W30 grade is a natural winner, if you don't need that cold starting below 0F (-20 C), then it naturally makes a low volatility oil. Formulate it to be a little on the thick side and you get a good strong 30 grade that would work for most people.

In Australia our Magnatec 10W30 is even thicker (KV100 = 12.4) and it's rated SN and A3/B4, I've used it and found it to be a very smooth oil.

For those that value Noak above all else (everyone has their preferences), this oil is a winner at under $20 USD. I haven't seen it for some time around here.

i buy NOTHING castrol as they were responsible for the oil classification revision while they were illegally selling group III Syntec as "synthetic" before it was legal to do so!!!! but as is the norm $$$$$$ can buy anything or anyone in the USA!!!!

Originally Posted By: benjy
i buy NOTHING castrol as they were responsible for the oil classification revision while they were illegally selling group III Syntec as "synthetic" before it was legal to do so!!!! but as is the norm $$$$$$ can buy anything or anyone in the USA!!!!

We all have our reasons for where we choose to spend our money but...

it was illegal? Can you share a link to this violation of the law?

Originally Posted By: wemay

Instead of saying that, you could've posted the NOACK of Chevron Supreme 10W-30 and everybody would've been happy.
grin2.gif

Originally Posted By: Merkava_4

Instead of saying that, you could've posted the NOACK of Chevron Supreme 10W-30 and everybody would've been happy.
grin2.gif

LOL. looking for it.

For those that value Noak above all else (everyone has their preferences), this oil is a winner at under $20 USD. I haven't seen it for some time around here.

As well as $15.88 recently on Rollback. Should have got some but the stash is full.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: JohnnyJohnson

As well as $15.88 recently on Rollback. Should have got some but the stash is full.

thumbsup2.gif

There have been many good UOA's for the Magnatec 5W30 here on BITOG

This is a link to a Magnatec 5W30 and Magnatec 10W30 set of UOAs done in the same '12 F150 Ecoboost (both semi-synthetics)
https://bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/4317342/

After 9000 miles the 10W30 gave 14ppm iron wear and had 1.9 TBN left. The finishing KV100 was 9.44 cSt, which is still a 30 grade oil. Excellent results in a tough turbo engine. Having said all that, the 5W30 Magnatec gave very similar numbers, and the 5W30 has now been upgraded to full synthetic.

Yeah SR5 I would roll with Castrol Magnatec 5w30 over the 10w30. Nothing wrong at all with the 10w30. I think the 5w30 having more specs met is a bit of a bonus here. But if I were to run a 10w30 this Castrol and Valvoline Maxlife would be my top 2 picks.

Originally Posted By: SR5
There have been many good UOA's for the Magnatec 5W30 here on BITOG

This is a link to a Magnatec 5W30 and Magnatec 10W30 set of UOAs done in the same '12 F150 Ecoboost (both semi-synthetics)
https://bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/4317342/

After 9000 miles the 10W30 gave 14ppm iron wear and had 1.9 TBN left. The finishing KV100 was 9.44 cSt, which is still a 30 grade oil. Excellent results in a tough turbo engine. Having said all that, the 5W30 Magnatec gave very similar numbers, and the 5W30 has now been upgraded to full synthetic.

Real world (UOA) and TDS performance.
20.gif

I'm going to start using Magnatec 5w30 in the Santa Fe after I use the last oil change from the dealer. Seems to be good stuff. It will cost me more to do it myself, but I miss tinkering on the cars.

Yeah well even in northwest Florida it very rarely gets 0°F or below that. Has happened though... January 1985 it got below 0°F in that area of Florida. Even though obviously a 10w30 would be just fine at or below zero degrees Fahrenheit.

I'm actually running M1 0w-20 AFE as a test. I want to see if consumption changes. So far so good, I haven't noticed any significant mpg difference or really any difference in how the engine runs.

Originally Posted By: Merkava_4

grin2.gif

Here you go Merk

2cfyid.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back