Any interest in VOA of Carquest 5w40 HDEO FLEET?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone here interested in a VOA Of Carquest Synthetic 5w40 HDEO FLEET OIL?

Used some of this at work Friday in a 16' Cummins Ram 2500 pickup

Please don't waste your money to VOA an oil that you aren't using in your own vehicle. I have posted a couple VOAs here, but it was the very oil that was poured into my engine at the same time. The only reason to do it, is to know what's showing up in the oil so that you can compare to a UOA afterwards. Also serves as a performance check (of the oil) if you are pushing the oci envelope, to check the oil's health and ability to go further. It's nice to know where you started when you look at the UOA (assuming that you also use the same lab for consistency).

You have provided a good service to BITOG with the filter cuts and posts. No need to spend your hard earned money for a VOA of oil that you aren't going to use.
smile.gif
Thank you!

I've seen some complaints about the UOA's that are posted here not being of any use to themselves, and people asking for VOA of an oil that they want to try....why not spend a few bucks and do their own VOA followed up by UOA to see the before and after results.

I'm tired and grouchy at the moment, dealing with a stomach bug. If I come across as a total jerk, I hope you will accept my apologies.

Dusty roads:

You're fine and I understand. I guess I'm curious because Amalie makes this oil and I wondered about the add pack. Thank you dusty roads
smile.gif

Ohh and get well soon
smile.gif

Yup, I like to see what oils look like, too. I'm just annoyed by the complaints I've seen in the time that I've been here. It's not daily, but if you don't contribute, but rather gripe about what is posted and what isn't posted, well...

My first post above, was also meant as a general "public service announcement". I'm not eloquent and I leave a bunch out, buf I hope some think about the idea I was trying to convey. Sorry for my off topic rant.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: car51
I know, which is why I have about 24+ people on ignore
smile.gif

I don't have anyone on ignore. Not sure how it works and it's purpose.

Originally Posted By: tig1
Originally Posted By: car51
I know, which is why I have about 24+ people on ignore
smile.gif

I don't have anyone on ignore. Not sure how it works and it's purpose.

Tig1: it's for some people that are "inflammatory types"

I plan to try 0w20 AFE aim the Camry LE of mine next also with a FU 4386 after seeing under valve cover pics of brothers 10' GMC YUKON "hybrid" using M1 0w30 AFE
smile.gif

Just put this on my 05 PSD (6.0) and so far love it, got it on sale at AAP with some speed perks rewards and had a cheap full Syn oil change for my truck. I've always ran Rotella 15W40 and just recently tried at OCI of their 10W30, I certainly noticed better (faster) cold starts with that 5W40 in there! It makes me think the HUEI system really likes it!

From what I read this oil is just re-badged Valvoline, but which line? Premium Blue HDEO or ??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back