Dueler HTs are off the Colorado - Nittos on...

Status
Not open for further replies.
My 2003 Nissan had Dueler HTs, and were one of my least favourite tyre.

14 years later, the Colorado, I bought as a demo with a few thousand miles on it, and factory is Dueler HTs...wasn't a fan over winter, but it's been raining recently, quite heavily, and I became REALLY not a fan. Yesterday morning, the truck was wriggling around on damp corners, a little under, and little oversteer didn't grip in the back until it got a little angle on it.

Last week, they aquaplaned at sillily low speeds on standing water...throwing the water forward and thence onto the windscreen as you drove through it was a real highlight.

So at less than 10,000 miles on them, installed yesterday some Nitto Grappler G2s...

http://nittotyre.com.au/tyres/4x4-tyres/terra-grappler-g2/

Initial reports..
* yes, there is a tad more road noise...has to be, but it's barely perceptable.
* yes, more "bump thump"
* If I take a corner reasonably vigorously with a tyre(s) on a white line, they don't scream like a banshee (the duelers were embarrasing - people turned and looked).

Size 265 60 R18

I just put a set of G2s on our new 4Runner.

I've gone through a few sets of the original TGs, so I'm curious to see how these new G2s compare.

Scratched my head for a moment until realized the seasons in Australia vs here are oppositely related. You drain water swirls the wrong way too.
wink.gif

My only gripe about the G2 is that for my Liberty's size (245/70/17), they only make it in an LT now, which adds about 10 lbs per tire over the P rated ones I have now. The P ones have been great off road and aired down, no cuts. And they don't make the G2 in my LR3's size either.

Post up pics when you get a chance! The difference is subtle with the new vs old, but why would they mess much with a good thing?
smile.gif

Last edited:
Here's a pic of the new 4R with the G2s. I think I'm going to put a set on our old 4R, too. Not super happy with the Cooper AT3s that are on there right now.

Originally Posted By: HoosierJeeper
Post up pics when you get a chance! The difference is subtle with the new vs old, but why would they mess much with a good thing?
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back