Chevron Supreme vs Havoline

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I know this has been brought up before according to the message board search I did back in 2005 but in 2017 what is the difference between these two oils by Chevron? I am a devoted fanboy of Chevron Supreme since the price shot down to under SuperTech level at $11.77 for a 5qt jug. They also carry Chevron's Havoline brand in a 5qt for $13.24. Other than a name what is there if any difference between these two products?

You'd have to pull up the data sheet for each oil and look at the ingredients. My guess is they're very similar.

Originally Posted By: Merkava_4
You'd have to pull up the data sheet for each oil and look at the ingredients. My guess is they're very similar.

I pulled up the PQIA data sheets for both oils and both products were of the SN formula but the Havoline example is from 2011 vs 2014 for the Supreme but the Havoline has much better everything minus moly across the board.

A few years back I corresponded with technical support at Chevron Lubricants asking if Chevron Supreme and Havoline were the same oil product just in different packaging. I was told that they are different oils, and that Havoline was being marketed as their premium brand of oil.

Hope this helps.

Originally Posted By: chemman
A few years back I corresponded with technical support at Chevron Lubricants asking if Chevron Supreme and Havoline were the same oil product just in different packaging. I was told that they are different oils, and that Havoline was being marketed as their premium brand of oil.

Hope this helps.

Thats the kind of intel Im looking for

This older thread does a comparison.

https://bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/4214964/Re:_Havoline_conventional#Post4214964

Regardless of slight differences in ingredients, the end result is the same. Both are good oils at reasonable prices. In your situation the supreme is cheaper, so it's a no brainier which one to go with. In my locale, Havoline is much easier to find and is one of the cheapest name brands you can find. I offer it in the shop for oil changes, and source it from a local distributor who handles Chevron and Warren unilube lubricants.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back