What did you pass out for Halloween?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I bought a big bag of Mars chocolate favorites at Was-Mart that has fun size Milky Way, Peanut M&M's, Milk Chocolate M&M's, Snickers and Twix. Each kid got two pieces. Had 36 kids.
This is my last Halloween as my wife & I have a new house in the country.

Nothing. No young kids in my area.

Plus my German Shepherd goes crazy when someone knocks on my front door, so I'm glad no kids coming to my house.

Originally Posted By: Mr Nice
Nothing. No young kids in my area.

same here. People take the kids to the houses by the lake,plug up the streets,leave trash then go home. I have not had a trick or treater here in 40 yrs.

Last edited:
Oil drain washers and old spark plugs.
smile.gif

This year for the first time ever we are not passing out candy. Not sure why. Possibly due to our kids are well no longer kids and we just have lost interest.

Christmas on the other hand.....
25.gif

Jeff

Last edited:
We gave out full-size candy bars since we knew we wouldn’t have many goblins (my dear late mother always called them goblins instead of trick-or-treaters). Snickers (my favorite), Milky Way, Twix, and Three Musketeers.

We had 18 goblins this year. That’s the least in the 20 years we’ve lived in this house. We usually average about 30 but have had as many as 50.

The big thing this year in my area seems to be "trunk or treat". They say it's about safety and planning for inclimate weather or some garbage. Truth is, most of them are just too lazy to walk a couple miles. When we were kids we would run home to dump full pillow cases of candy and then run out and do it again - candy for the whole year.

That being said - I'd give a $50 bill and an entire bowl (who am I kidding - half a bowl) to any kid who walked up and rang my doorbell, as it hasn't happened in 5 years.

Kit-Kats. Had one small group of little girls dressed as Minions...last year I had none.

My sister's 'hood must be the place in her town...she gets mobbed every year.

I am the house on the end of a dead end street in a residential neighborhood that kids avoid; 20 years, not a head.

There is a really creepy house about 10 houses away that the owner goes all out. Graveyard, dilapidated exterior of the house (that is year round lol) and little lanterns and ghosts. Our street (15 houses) seemed to be well attended by kids and their LED illuminated parents

We live in a lake community where people come from around the town to park at the clubhouse, and then wander about the 100-150 homes in the area. Probably got several hundred kids/adults. Started with around 26 lbs of candy (minatures of all major brand names Nestles, Mars, M&M's, etc.). Had 5 lbs left over. Also had 120 bottles of water to start...gave out 100. Kids get thirsty running around after eating pizza for dinner. 10 boxes of miniature Moon Pies went fast. Pretty busy night, just like the past 2 years.

I'd like to say that I passed out oil filters and bottles of oil (how cool is that?!?!!?? ) but almost nobody in my neighborhood would appreciate it. we go through a few very large bags of assorted candy/chocolate bars. our first year here we went through 7 bags and had to get more. hundreds of locusts descended upon us. the noise was incredible!

Originally Posted By: Srt20
I passed out after a lot of beer and a handful of jager bombs....
cheers3.gif

We celebrated on Saturday.

that's the way our campground was! alot of fun! Christmas in July, drinks for Halloween, outdoor movies on the weekends, yeah!!!
I'm moving to WI !! (our campground is in WI )

I moved into my own house 3 or so months ago so this was my first Halloween at the new place. I had about 10-15 kids and they all got chocolate / candy. They all left happy
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back