Torques Me Off Unicorn Tears NOT AVAIL / PU 5W-30

Status
Not open for further replies.
Saw it available for a very very shot while on Walmart.com but now it is gone (new I should have stocked up). Now it is unavailable at walmart.com (why was it avail for a while, must have found 10 cases in a back room warehouse ).

You cant ever find this stuff actually in stores anymore.

Torques me off that this is still Pennzoil top tear product and it is either hard to find at all in person (or anywhere you find it online other than Walmart and they want a near 100% premium).

Just me, others noticed ?

Need to just go Quaker State Ultimate Durability as it is available everywhere and probably not too much less magical than Pennzoil Ultra. Parts stores dont even know what it is when you talk to them (Oh you want Pennzoil Platinum then, that is Pennzoils only synthetic, yada yada).

Last edited:
it's easier to get Amsoil
lol.gif

No real difference between Platinum and Ultra, other than Ultra keeps pistons 25% cleaner than Mobil 1 while Platinum keeps them 8% cleaner. That's literally the only difference I see between the two. I use Ultra 0W-40 only because it's the only grade I can find locally and figured my engine wouldn't mind a thicker oil with higher miles adding up.

Oil is oil. any of the top tier oils will allow the engine to out live your ownership of the vehicle.

Originally Posted By: JohnnyJohnson
Originally Posted By: slacktide_bitog
lol.gif

For what 50% more?
lol.gif
lol.gif
lol.gif

100% better product
lol.gif
lol.gif
lol.gif

Originally Posted By: dave123
lol.gif

For what 50% more?
lol.gif
lol.gif
lol.gif

100% better product
lol.gif
lol.gif
lol.gif

lol.gif
lol.gif
lol.gif
lol.gif
lol.gif
lol.gif
lol.gif
lol.gif

Originally Posted By: anndel
Originally Posted By: dave123
lol.gif

For what 50% more?
lol.gif
lol.gif
lol.gif

100% better product
lol.gif
lol.gif
lol.gif

lol.gif
lol.gif
lol.gif
lol.gif
lol.gif
lol.gif
lol.gif
lol.gif

lol.gif
lol.gif
lol.gif
lol.gif
lol.gif
lol.gif
lol.gif
lol.gif
lol.gif
lol.gif
lol.gif
lol.gif
lol.gif
lol.gif
lol.gif
lol.gif

I agree Fallguy. I bought it regularly at Wally World for $27.97. Irritating that is no where to be found. I laugh at the Pennzoil banner at the top of the pages on here with the Pennzoil Ultra Platinum shown up there. What a joke.

Originally Posted By: bbhero
I agree Fallguy. I bought it regularly at Wally World for $27.97. Irritating that is no where to be found. I laugh at the Pennzoil banner at the top of the pages on here with the Pennzoil Ultra Platinum shown up there. What a joke.

Unfortunately you have to have patience and a quick trigger finger my friend. You have to keep an eye out for it when WMT has it, and pounce hard and load up on it when they do.

Wake up Pennzoil!

OK, all those little laughing heads bouncing in unison gets pretty creepy looking...

I don't see any sign online that SOPUS is planning to get dexos1 Gen 2 licenses for the appropriate grades of PUP, some of them were dexos1 but that is officially an obsolete standard now. PPPP is going Gen 2 where applicable.
Does this mean PUP is becoming a niche product, that it doesn't have a future, or...???

True. But I just find it stupid to have to play Duck Hunt (the old and I mean old Nintendo game) in order to buy a product. Trifling I tell ya demarpaint.

Just an FYI I feel like I hit the lotto and was able to order a whopping 1 jug of PUP 5W-30 from Walmart.com this morning.

Honestly if its this hard to obtain, I might as well just buy Amsoil or Redline, or if I want off the shelf anything NOT Shell/Pennzoil just out of principle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back