Supertech Power Steering Fluid

Status
Not open for further replies.
I recently purchased a quart of Supertech power steering fluid to do a few drain and fills of the power steering system on my Dakota. Reading the back of the bottle while refilling the system I noticed that it said to only use for topping off the reservoir and not for complete system refill. I never noticed this before on power steering fluid. I only did one exchange of the fluid using the turkey baster method. I'll probably just go buy a different brand of fluid to do the rest. Does anyone know why it would have such a warning on the bottle? Could it be a poor quality fluid? Thank you in advance!

You either want something with the MS-5931 spec or just ATF+4. (not sure on your truck)

Not sure how picky the non ATF+4 systems are, but Valvone PSF is cheap. As is Oreilly house brand. Both meet the spec.

Last edited:
I've never needed to flush or change power steering fluid, so I have no idea
27.gif

The only time you'd be doing a complete system refill is when you're replacing something in the PS system.

What spec does your PS call for?

The Supertech power steering fluid contains a stop leak additive. Because of which, it's designed for topping off until the leak stops. You probably don't want super concentrated stop leak floating around in your system for long. Get some Prestone or Valvoline PSF and exchange as much as you can, or do a full flush and fill with ATF+4, if you want to switch.

Generally, I like most Supertech products, but you really have to read carefully on a few of them.

02 Libertys spec'd the Mopar PS and then got switched to ATF+4, if you flush it out good I would just use ATF+4. Easy to get.

Originally Posted By: HorseThief
The Supertech power steering fluid contains a stop leak additive. Because of which, it's designed for topping off until the leak stops. You probably don't want super concentrated stop leak floating around in your system for long. Get some Prestone or Valvoline PSF and exchange as much as you can, or do a full flush and fill with ATF+4, if you want to switch.

Generally, I like most Supertech products, but you really have to read carefully on a few of them.

Never knew that. With that knowledge I wouldn't flush the system with it. if you do one turkey baster refill you should be OK but if you're looking for a complete change I would stick with another fluid. Supertech fluids are generally very good but as mentioned, it is def. worth reading the label fully to make sure the product works for your application.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back