Purolator L-14612, 6,xxx CUT OPEN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello again folks
smile.gif

This filter and unknown oil was off a co workers 09’ Accord 4dr LX car. LOL over 90,xxx on car mileage wise. Put a FRAM ULTRA 7317 and some QSUD 0w20 in and on. Looks ok to
Me
smile.gif

Enjoy the pictures
smile.gif

I got a Purolator red 14612 in my very small filter collection. I will run that at some point and time. Maybe for my car or a friend's car that I help take care of.

Originally Posted By: WellOiled
Indeed, it does look pretty good. Maybe Purolator is moving up?

Thanks for the C&P.
WO

Possibly, but I don’t trust anything Purolator anymore

All is well with this 14612 at 6k miles. And a proper design of the adbv baseplate area, no indentions or cuts. No reason the 14610s shouldn't look the same as the topic shorty.

This is how they should all look.

Thanks for c&p.

Originally Posted By: car51
Indeed, it does look pretty good. Maybe Purolator is moving up?

Thanks for the C&P.
WO

Possibly, but I don’t trust anything Purolator anymore

"Trust but Verify" - Ronald Reagan

Originally Posted By: Sayjac
All is well with this 14612 at 6k miles. And a proper design of the adbv baseplate area, no indentions or cuts. No reason the 14610s shouldn't look the same as the topic shorty.

This is how they should all look.

Thanks for c&p.

Yeah, they all “should” look like this but I’ve saw my share of “torn” Purolators. Fool me once....

That's all I've ever run in my Accords, but I use the gold or premium, or whatever they call it now. Over 300K combined miles.... filter can't be too bad.

Originally Posted By: Schmoe
That's all I've ever run in my Accords, but I use the gold or premium, or whatever they call it now. Over 300K combined miles.... filter can't be too bad.

Only one I’d run is a Bosch D+

Originally Posted By: car51
Originally Posted By: Schmoe

Only one I’d run is a Bosch D+

This Bosch D+ did not do well.
Bosch Distance Plus C&P

Purolator keeps me guessing. Sometimes you win
smile.gif
and sometimes you lose
frown.gif
21.gif

That pretty much sums it up. Too much drama for me, I'd rather not play. I'll just continue to read about them.

I'm with car51, I don't trust anything they make.

It's nice to see them in good condition. Hopefully one day they improve fully, but, until that day I will never use one again if I can avoid it. MC FL-1A is as close to Purolator I get on my old Ford trucks. They don't seem to be having the problems all the others are having and I like that they still use holes in the center tube, makes me feel better about running 15W-40 and 20W-50 on some of my old Ford V8's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back