2011 Prius and 2012 Corolla 15" wheels the same?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I found some 2011 Prius wheels 15" I have a 2012 Corolla that has 16" wheels. Would these wheels work? They are both 5x100 bolt pattern and I know the base corolla uses 15" wheels. This is for snow tires. Thanks

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: EdwardC
They'll probably work, although, the internet says the offsets are slightly different, higher offset on the Prius wheels might push the tire too far inwards on the Corolla and rub.

That may be the case if the wheels were larger. But on smaller wheels the effect would be negligible with such a slight difference in offset is my guess.

I don't think the offset measurement changes with regards to wheel diameter, but either way I agree with you that it's a pretty tiny difference. I also wasn't paying attention to the wheel widths when I was looking at the site.

The 15x6 Prius wheel with 45mm of positive offset puts the inner wheel lip at pretty much the exact same place as a 16x6.5 wheel with 39mm positive offset. So yes, I'd say those Prius wheels are perfect for a winter tire set!

Slightly off topic -
I have a set of these wheels (2011 Prius, 15") that you can have for free (just pay shipping), and I'll even include the wheel covers. Let me know.

The bolt patterns should be the same, the 3rd gen Prii use discs on all 4 wheels, so it does need a bit more offset to clear them. I think you should be fine.

I have Prius wheels on my Corolla. The lighter weight Prius wheels means less unsprung weight translates to better city fuel economy. There are a couple of lighter choices out there but at much more cost and I liked to keep the OEM quality. They fit with no issues, but this was in 2010.

I have also added a front pan that goes from the chin of the bumper to the radiator:

Also, I have the entire upper grill blocked from behind as well as in the winter I have 66% of the lower grill blocked when the extreme cold hits:

Originally Posted By: Smokescreen
Also, I have the entire upper grill blocked from behind as well as in the winter I have 66% of the lower grill blocked when the extreme cold hits:

Grills are what you cook on. The grille in front of your car has an "E" at the end of it.
smile.gif

Thanks for the information and help. I got a set of Prius wheels with snow tires mounted on them for $100, the tires have a season or two left so I think its a good deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back