Happy anniversary to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today marks 9 years since I was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer after collapsing from a first-time attack of pancreatitis and landing in the ER unconscious.

After surgery that day my life was changed. I turned down the chemotherapy and went with non-traditional treatment even though I was given little chance of surviving. It took months to recover enough to take care of myself. My immune system is now doing fine and I'm still kicking. It's been a tough run but I'm doing great. I've learned a lot and been a very involved self-advocate. Be very careful about what medical treatment you accept for any chronic or systemic problems. I've certainly learned my lesson.

Reading through and participating in BITOG posts while trying to distract myself from some painful times has been a big help.

So, I can say on this Haloween, happy anniversary to myself.

Good to hear Jack!

Makes you wonder if you would have had the same results after all the recommended treatment..

Originally Posted By: OneEyeJack
Today marks 9 years since I was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer after collapsing from a first-time attack of pancreatitis and landing in the ER unconscious.

After surgery that day my life was changed. I turned down the chemotherapy and went with non-traditional treatment even though I was given little chance of surviving. It took months to recover enough to take care of myself. My immune system is now doing fine and I'm still kicking. It's been a tough run but I'm doing great. I've learned a lot and been a very involved self-advocate. Be very careful about what medical treatment you accept for any chronic or systemic problems. I've certainly learned my lesson.

Reading through and participating in BITOG posts while trying to distract myself from some painful times has been a big help.

Happy Anniversary OneEyeJack and also Happy Halloween !!

Glad to see and hear you are still with us and continuing the fight. I can relate to some things that you speak of and look forward to sharing some stories offline. :--))

cheers3.gif

Congratulations. Glad you are still here!

Last edited by a moderator:
How is this Oil related?
Kidding :p

CONGRATS!!!

I enjoyed your non-standard view and way of doing business and stories and.... .... .... over the years.

you still need to answer 2-3-4 questions:
-How long is the beard?
-What color where the potatoes?

Every Day Is A New Day!

Originally Posted By: pandus13
How is this Oil related?
Kidding :p

CONGRATS!!!

I enjoyed your non-standard view and way of doing business and stories and.... .... .... over the years.

you still need to answer 2-3-4 questions:
-How long is the beard?
-What color where the potatoes?

Every Day Is A New Day!

The beard is grey and white.
The potatoes are any color and size, lots of potatoes.
The 84 Civic wagon is now semi-retired,
I just purchased an 06 Scion xBox with, of course, a manual trans and as always Red Line 0w-30
and Red Line MT-90 in the gearbox, and official Toyota coolant.
My wife is still driving the 03 4Runner
I'm broke financially but alive and well, now.
I now shop at local farms and don't eat anything from a box or a can, frozen or prepared.

Thanks for all the kind responses.

The pancreas is a tough organ to view. As I understand, pancreatic cancer is a tough cancer to beat and people diagnosed with it usually live a short time thereafter. Obviously you beat the odds and appreciate life. CONGRATULATIONS!!

thumbsup2.gif
Well done with the healthy lifestyle! Glad you are here -- and not elsewhere.

May God watch over you and hold you very close , in the palm of his hand , :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back