Winter storage?

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is the best fuel additive to put in the tank of my 2013 Ford Mustang? Seafoam? Sta-Bull? Other?

I've had success with, and am happy with StaBil Marine when putting RV's away for the winter sleep.
October to April. Dope it, fill it, store it.

My dad never puts anything in his Gasoline R.V. and stores it most of the year and then tops off with fresh fuel in the spring before they take it out. No issues in almost 20 years of ownership. Passes local smog tests too.

Last edited:
I put a double dose of regular StaBil in everything. Works for me.
thumbsup2.gif

Sta-Bil (preferably the Marine variety). Fill up the tank using real gasoline (ethanol-free) if at all possible.

Asking about fuel stabilizers is like asking about motor oil or religion. You are going to get a wide variety of answers with varying opinions running the gamut from "fuel additives are a scam" to "I've been using this product every fill up since 1950 and my engines always run great".....

That being said, I have had bad experiences with red Stabil and Star-tron enzyme fuel treatment so I no longer use them. I use K100MG or Biobor EB. K100MG goes in all the equipment with a smaller gas tank like; lawn equipment, motorcycles, etc. For cars, trucks or anything larger than about a 10 gallon gas tank, I use Biobor EB.

Yes. Drive until nearly empty. Find ethanol free fuel. Add Sta-bil. Fill up. Drive 25 miles home. Probably about a week or two before my Mustang goes into hibernation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back