Every Heard of " Premium Guard" oil filters?

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/chevrolet,2012,cruze,1.4l+l4+turbocharged,1501801,engine,oil+filter,5340

Bottom of above page lists a "Premium Guard" synthetic oil filter for my GM 1.4 Turbo. Any good?

Or should I stick with ACDelco Hengst made (USA) for the 5000 miles oil changes I plan on doing?

When I went to the oil change places with my fleet van they used Premium Guard filters. Although they were the spin-on type.

No issues and most guys abused the heck out of the vans.

Not an unknown, lots of discussion on BITOG already.
Chinese knockoff, but by all accounts here, a decent filter for reasonable intervals.
I've used a few, no complaints.

Yea its a Chinese filter that has been around a while. Similar, maybe same, to the old advance auto driveworks filters.

I've run some for around 6k or less with no problems.

I bought 2 from RA for less than $5 each. They are cartridge filters for my MB 642 diesel. They are made in Korea and look great. Synthetic media and rated for 10k miles. I took pics if I can figure out how to post them. They look exactly like the WIX filters that I have used.

Originally Posted By: tc1446
http://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/chevrolet,2012,cruze,1.4l+l4+turbocharged,1501801,engine,oil+filter,5340

Bottom of above page lists a "Premium Guard" synthetic oil filter for my GM 1.4 Turbo. Any good?

Or should I stick with ACDelco Hengst made (USA) for the 5000 miles oil changes I plan on doing?

Looks like Your 1.4l uses the same cartridge filter as our 2015 Chevy Sonic 1.8l automatic . Last time I ordered filters from RockAuto.com , I ordered 12 Fram FP 10246 . Looks to be $ .01 each more money .

Best of luck to you , :)

Hengst, Mann, or Mahle
smile.gif

Thanks to all for the feedback. Looking at the web site provided by Shannaba above the
"EX" filter listed by Rock Auto is rated for 10K and made of synthetic material. Looks
like a good filter made in Korea. Might give them a try.

I have used them and they are just fine IMOP. The PG4459 was used for 6K and cut / inspected. The little filter held up great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back