Happy Halloween - What is your ritual?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Happy Halloween fellow BITOGers.

What is your ritual?

We decorate and have pumpkins that sing. (Projected images onto the pumpkins) and we hand out full size chocolate bars. Then we watch scary movie classics while we eat the candy that is left.
grin2.gif

Inline%20Preview%20Image.jpg

Originally Posted By: Shannow
My wife and I did our taxes...they are due Hallow Eve in Oz.

minimal bloodshed
YUK.

We always used to take our daughter to a pumpkin field nearby and then spend some time carving them together.
My daughter is off at college now and we won't have pumpkins, my wife and I almost stopped to buy some at our usual field last weekend but it was raining pretty good and tromping through the mud didn't sound too great. I also felt like carving pumpkins without our daughter being there would not be much fun.

Our little girl is only an hour and a half away, but we still really miss her!

I live on the side of town that doesn't get no trick-or-treaters. Friend of mine lives on the other side of the lake and gets a ton. Average house price on my side is less than half, so more money buys more candy!

There's some Halloween decorations in the front yard. I'm going to spend my night tonight either putting a hitch on the car or finishing the bathroom wall. Apparently, having a bathroom with walls is important.

Originally Posted By: Miller88
I live on the side of town that doesn't get no trick-or-treaters. Friend of mine lives on the other side of the lake and gets a ton. Average house price on my side is less than half, so more money buys more candy!

There's some Halloween decorations in the front yard. I'm going to spend my night tonight either putting a hitch on the car or finishing the bathroom wall. Apparently, having a bathroom with walls is important.

We used to live on the outskirts of a small city that had something of a rotten core.
Carload after carload of kids were delivered to our neighborhood for trick or treat...usually those kids had very minimal costumes. We felt for them and made sure we had plenty of candy for everybody.

Turn the porch lights off so the little goblins don't stop by my house.

I don't understand it. On any other day of the year, if a stranger comes to my house and rings the bell, they aren't getting an answer, but on Halloween I'm supposed to answer, and give away treats?
Nope.

The past couple years we have done nothing. The kids are grown and few households participate in our neighborhood. I will buy candy so my daughter can feed the rug rats...
smile.gif

I live in a neighborhood called Sleepy Hollow.....one of the nicer neighborhoods in town, so you can imagine how many kids we get. One neighbor actually counted the kids last year, he stopped at 500. Have you priced candy for that many kids? I'm one of the few that passes out the good stuff.

Originally Posted By: Bud
Turn the porch lights off so the little goblins don't stop by my house.

Same here including closing the blinds and turning off interior lights. We hide in the den and watch TV. With any luck we'll have storms tonight.

Put up a few decorations, kids go out with wife, I hand out candy at home. Once the candy is gone or 9pm, it all gets shut down.

...and yes we have Halloween in Canada.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: CT8
Sacrificing a cat to to Lucifer.

Originally Posted By: zzyzzx
I lock my front gate.

crackmeup2.gif

Originally Posted By: beanoil
I don't understand it. On any other day of the year, if a stranger comes to my house and rings the bell, they aren't getting an answer, but on Halloween I'm supposed to answer, and give away treats?
Nope.

Don't be a Halloween scrooge...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back