No; just no.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Holiday Traditions starts tomorrow on Sirius. I like it. I usually listen to Christmas music at various points throughout the year on Pandora. Just reminds me of the best time of the year.

Should not be happening until Thanksgiving ...
frown.gif

Originally Posted By: simple_gifts
102.5 FM, might be out of RI, starting their 7x24 Christmas music.

mad.gif
This is really getting ridiculous now.

I was at Lowes and they had the Christmas stuff next to the Halloween stuff as of 2 weeks ago. The lady at the counter told me they had the Christmas stuff in the back area since the beginning of August when I mentioned it.

Originally Posted By: maximus
Umm umm, this is religion and politics!!!

Lock it down!
Since when is talking about Christmas, religion and politics?

I love Christmas music.... after Thanksgiving. There are radio stations that I no longer listen to at all, year round, because they start Christmas music after Halloween. They haven't changed their practice. I guess they have more listeners that like it than those that don't. But it still makes me feel better to find other radio stations.

After having worked at walmart for several years, I hate all christmas music now. It got so bad the last year I was there that I taped two broom sticks together, taped a piece of wire from a coat hanger to the end of THAT. I then reached up, hooked the wire going into the PA speaker and ripped it apart. This was in the TLE shop area that had only one speaker.
I enjoyed the silence for the last month. It took them like 2 years to fix it too.

My favorite Xmas music moment was when Mark Jensen (Will Ferrell) tossed his cookies while singing on the turntable.

Sinatra singing "Little Drummer Boy" is pretty darned good, too.

It's marketing driven; we all know that. Unfortunately, it works. If it didn't, they would not do it. I've seen data that shows pushing seasons ahead creates more spending opportunities that are, in fact, realized in sales growth.

Don't want this to happen? Tell everyone you know to quite buying stuff ahead of season.

In my little corner of the world, this is my preference ...
Memorial Day sales no earlier than two weeks prior
July 4th sales (fireworks, etc) would be no earlier than mid-June
Back to School sales no earlier than July. (I actually saw a back-to-school local TV ad and my kids had not finished the semester yet for summer in early June!)
Labor Day sales would be no earlier than mid-August
Halloween stuff starts on Oct 1
Thanksgiving stuff starts right after Halloween
Christmas stuff starts the day after Thanksgiving
New Years stuff the day after Christmas.

I abhor when they leap-frog the Holidays ahead for the purposes of sales, but fiscal returns do pay it back, so they bend the rules to make a buck. I hate it, but I cannot seem to stop it.

(PS - feel free insert your own fav holiday and other stuff in there as well ...)

Last edited:
I do love the Christmas music & movies during the holidays. I don't care when they start(Halloween of after Thanksgiving) however, I wish most would finish out the holiday into the New Year!

When I was in grade school, the music teacher was very careful to strictly alternate Xmas and Hanukkah songs during the holidays.
As a kid who had no use for any religion, I generally preferred the Hanukkah songs because they tended to be more lively.

Originally Posted By: maximus
Umm umm, this is religion and politics!!!

Lock it down!
How so? are you the post police?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back