Daughter of Apple engineer gets him fired

Status
Not open for further replies.
She said there was plenty of info out there already about the Apple 10 phone. But I guess the dad working for Apple is why they made an example-and even if there was widespread info-he still broke the rule about showing "pre-release" products.

On a personal note-I know this entire family-I used to go to their annual Christmas party at their home-before he got the job working for Apple and relocated to Northern California.

Everything she said about her Dad is true. He is a great guy and was very charitable during the time I knew him. And a great overall family as well.

With all that being said-I don't get why people need to document their life on Youtube.

He handed her the phone while she was recording video with a giant camera. I’m pretty sure he knew what his vlogger daughter was planning to do. I’m surprised anyone would do that after Apple’s recent memos about the importance of secrecy.

Apple has a massive enforcement of those rules.. this almost looks like a publicity stunt.

Originally Posted By: Rand
Apple has a massive enforcement of those rules.. this almost looks like a publicity stunt.

Except that it's not. It 's a mistake made by an Apple engineer and his daughter.

When I saw that girl's video thread, I knew this would happen. Same thing at most companies, they take Non Disclosure Agreements very seriously for a good reason.

Originally Posted By: OneEyeJack
Ho hummmmmmmmmmmmm.

From someone who would never buy a phone over 25.00......

This was an intentional leak to get the iPhone faithful all hot and bothered about a new model that does no more than the handset they already have except cost more.
Got to keep the customers turning over their handsets.
Daddy is already re-hired in another zone of cube city and it's all good.
Can someone please explain to me why I need to pay a premium price for an iPhone that does nothing more than a hundred buck Android handset?

I'm looking forward to the day when people say, "Do you remember when people would line up for days to buy Apple products"?

Who on BITOG is going to spend over $1000 to buy one?

Last edited:
The Gucci crowd
laugh.gif

Originally Posted By: JC1
I'm looking forward to the day when people say, "Do you remember when people would line up for days to buy Apple products"?

Do you remember when people would line up for 5 days in winter time to buy a Cabbage Patch Doll ?

Originally Posted By: JC1

With the case my 7+ was $992 last year
27.gif

Have no interest for a new one though.

Originally Posted By: CKN
Ho hummmmmmmmmmmmm.

You might be wrong, but that shouldn't change your mind. Speaking freely without engaging the mind is one of the blessings of the Internet. In polite society, a bit of discretion might go a long way.

I have a Google Pixel and a Pixel 2 and was/am a beta tester for various operating system extensions. I have worked for several companies developing and refining search engine algorithms and I'm currently working on a Python library extension to run within the Android environment to take advantage of a whole world of new possibilities within the field of data science.

I'm just not excited by Apple products. Objective C gave me headaches and their products give one no place to go. You buy in at the door and that's that. This stunt with the daughter is beneath even Apple.

Originally Posted By: CKN
Ho hummmmmmmmmmmmm.

You might be wrong, but that shouldn't change your mind. Speaking freely without engaging the mind is one of the blessings of the Internet. In polite society, a bit of discretion might go a long way.

I have a Google Pixel and a Pixel 2 and was/am a beta tester for various operating system extensions. I have worked for several companies developing and refining search engine algorithms and I'm currently working on a Python library extension to run within the Android environment to take advantage of a whole world of new possibilities within the field of data science.

I'm just not excited by Apple products. Objective C gave me headaches and their products give one no place to go. You buy in at the door and that's that. This stunt with the daughter is beneath even Apple.

That's the beauty of the Internet....you don't have to do either......

BTW-the google Pixel doesn't exactly get glowing reveiws.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back