Performax/JiffyLube ~6200mi. cut open

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a PO-9A, 3387A equivalent filter run on an 09 Equinox, about 5 months. No tears, tight uniform pleating. And while I've seen wider louver openings there are plenty of them and they open in two directions. Confident plenty of flow, no restriction. So the element itself quite good.

The one negative as you'll see is cuts in the adbv, which was still relatively flexible. The fix for this would be so easy. Just narrow the center tube outlet hole end slightly and decrease/eliminate the taper/bevel on it and the adbv won't touch the inner edge of the inlet holes. The inlet holes are not that sharp, wouldn't cut the 5 mil gloves I had on. It's just the direct pressure on them with the adbv from leaf spring. Even with that, no start up rattle in this GM thread end up application.

Replaced with some Havoline ProDS 5w30 I got for ~$8 jug on O'R closeout and a Napa Gold 1040 I got recently for $3.60 at local Napa 40% off sale. As far as oil and filter combination, likely the best OC the vehicle has seen in it's life.

Looks really good for a jobber style filter even with the cuts in the ABDV. Thanks for the C&P.

Thanks for c&p Sayjac
smile.gif

Looks ok aside from ADBV

You're welcome 2015_PSD and car51. Yeah it's one of those looks good, but. Looking at the base plate design and inlet holes shape before cutting, wasn't too surprised to find the cuts. Still was hoping for better. Some solace, I didn't buy/install it.

Sayjac,

Until now, I could not visualize what was being discussed between the designs.

Your well done C&P fixes that.

Thanks for the C&P.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back