HiFly Vigorous tire review

Status
Not open for further replies.
I needed a set of tires for my Envoy going into winter. The Goodyear Fortera tires were at 3/32 and were in need of replacement. Since this car isn't used much and when it is used, its to pull our popup camper. I didn't want to spend over $400 for a set of tires installed. Initially considered used tires but everything was junk that I found. One of the shops who sells used tires offered me a set of brand new tires for $350 installed out the door after tax and everything. They are HiFly Vigorous HT601 tires, I had never heard of them before but the price was right so I went with them. I must say I was a little apprehensive about buying tires I had never heard of, but they have a good deep highway tread on them and an XL load rating. I've driven it a few hundred miles, they are quiet on the road, no vibrations and a good ride. I figured for what I use this car for, they are fine. Treadwear 440 with A A rating, for the money, I think they will be fine. What I do like about them is the simple sidewall design, very simple and clean.

They seem to be from a no-name manufacturer in China and have large amounts of belt separation complaints.

DTD has ebay special for around $300 right now

https://www.ebay.com/itm/4-NEW-245-65-17-MILESTAR-MS932-SPORT-65R-R17-TIRES-CERTIFICATES/191106944861?fits=Section+Width%3A245%7CAspect+Ratio%3A65%7CRim+Diameter%3A17&hash=item2c7edc8f5d:g:wO8AAOSwdjdZ59qR

Those would be $304 after instant savings code. Pmotors17

Of course the MileStar are Chinese as well. However-there have been positive reports about them. The OP has already bought the tires in question.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: CKN
Of course the MileStar are Chinese as well. However-there have been positive reports about them. The OP has already bought the tires in question.

I somehow missed that they were already purchased.

There are quite a few options there.. happens to be my tire size.. so I was previously looking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back