Fram Ultra oil filter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let me start off I screwed up. Life (Wife had a stroke) got in the way and I forgot oil change. The one year mark was in April and I was going with 5000 miles so that is what I went with. I just changed yesterday with 5200 miles and one quart down which is 95% stop and go with less than 10 miles each start up so I suspect that was reason battery died. Car runs almost daily so very hard on oil. 2006 Vue with 2.2L Pennzoil Platinum with Fram Ultra Filter was used on last oil change. Good news is filter didn't rip or collapse like others had, bad news is oil was thick as well as a quart low and this is all after 18 months of severe duty so I can't complain. This is first time with this filter and biggest thing I notice is start up noise is gone until last couple of weeks and also is reason I looked up miles since last time then I noticed time since change. Thank God I keep records in owners manual. Needless to say I went with same combo.

2006 Vue
2.2L
126171 miles

Being a quart low isn't ideal, but I wouldn't worry about the time/mileage too much. Pennzoil Platinum is a highly regarded oil and the Fram Ultra is, in my opinion, the best filter out there when you consider filtration vs. cost.

Overall, it could've been a lot worse. People go longer on lesser oil/filter combos even without such a major life event. While I cannot say for certain if any harm was done from being a quart low, I wouldn't think that the time or mileage on the oil/filter combo did any damage.

Best of luck to you and your wife.

Originally Posted By: JustN89
Being a quart low isn't ideal, but I wouldn't worry about the time/mileage too much. Pennzoil Platinum is a highly regarded oil and the Fram Ultra is, in my opinion, the best filter out there when you consider filtration vs. cost.

Overall, it could've been a lot worse. People go longer on lesser oil/filter combos even without such a major life event. While I cannot say for certain if any harm was done from being a quart low, I wouldn't think that the time or mileage on the oil/filter combo did any damage.

Best of luck to you and your wife.

Thank You. I don't think any damage was done either.

Originally Posted By: tiger862
Let me start off I screwed up. Life (Wife had a stroke) got in the way and I forgot oil change.

All the best to your wife and you.
frown.gif

5200 miles over 18 months? I think you are fine! Thats probably better than most of the non bitog oil changes. I'd not worry about it, focus on your wife, I hope she does well, prayers sent.

Bryan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back