For the over 50 crowd

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like the belt buckle, belly and chest version of exercise myself. Or any exercise that can be done while eating.

Not very good for the over 50 crowd with the exception of maybe the exercises they did on the ground. The other ones done standing with excessive back flexing, knee and hip stretching would only cause flare ups for me. As long as you have no lower back/lumbar, hip/sciatica, or knee issues, those are all fine.

Cellphones, video games and such have increased our waist size and lazy levels, imho...I have been using walking in place videos and some old versions of Billy Blanks on youtube, but I do those on a moderate scale...did I say I take Ibuprophen lol 71 years young, so far , hips,lower back , ok

The "Kennedy Step Test" for kids was canceled in most schools because it discriminated against kids that were out of shape and rewarded kids that were active and in excellent health. They said it was as detrimental as keeping score in intermural sports. Today the vast majority of school kids can't pass the test. Many kids can't even begin the test because they fail on the first step.

The problem is that how can you ever excel at anything if you're not willing to accept getting beaten every now and then.

Looks like a warmup exercise for a PRT (or whatever they call a PRT in the Army.) The Navy version of the preparation drill is a lot easier.

Originally Posted By: javacontour
I don't recall PT being that easy when I was on active duty...

Jumping Jacks with a piece (M1 rifle) is what we did.
grin.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back