Do your pets eat people food?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The kittens eat
sardines
tuna
chicken
lamb

just like us humans...Only thing is the chicken and lamb are raw, not cooked.

Raw eggs...although I'm the only human here who does that.

Salem has doubled his weight in 32 days.

Our now departed Great Pyrenees always got the leftovers and was happy with them. Beef, pork, lamb, salmon, lasagna or whatever, the dog would scarf it right down.
Did this hurt the dog?
Didn't seem to.

Occasional table scraps ... yes.

IMG_4519.jpg

I've been making up meat product with vegs for my two dogs and two cats and mix it with high quality kibble. I use 3 lbs each of ground turkey and beef, cooked with mixed vegs run thru the blender, put in containers and frozen. All four love it. I calculate it costs about 1/2 to 2/3 more than canned food...most of which have all sorts of garbage in them.

Only dry dog food except for a slice of cheese wedge she got home from the vet or groomer and the occasional crumb she hunted down.

Originally Posted By: Claud
No. They eat food appropriate to their needs.

Claud.

Which for cats and dogs would be... raw meat.

The idea that pets are better off eating high carbohydrate dry pet food is an idea based on marketing, not science.

Generally no but I made the mistake of giving my two mini Aussies potato chips I was having with my beer. Now they go crazy when I get a beer from the fridge because they anticipate chips.

Originally Posted By: HangFire
Originally Posted By: Claud
No. They eat food appropriate to their needs.

Claud.

Which for cats and dogs would be... raw meat.

The idea that pets are better off eating high carbohydrate dry pet food is an idea based on marketing, not science.

You can get low carb high protein kibble which is what my 2 ladies eat.
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: LaCocina27
Originally Posted By: Eddie
loneranger. Your cat id FAT. Ed

Be nice. Maybe a little overweight, lol

But spoiled and happy!

Originally Posted By: dishdude
Originally Posted By: LaCocina27
Originally Posted By: Eddie
loneranger. Your cat id FAT. Ed

Be nice. Maybe a little overweight, lol

But spoiled and happy!

I would give fat or slightly overweight kitty just a little less food, however I agree.

My old mastiff used to love apples and blueberries. She'd eat them right off the tree/bush. Around Halloween, she'd also end up eating the pumpkin. We've usually given all our about 1/8 cup of table scraps with their dog food.

My German imported Rottweiler got fed online sourced natural food 90% of the time and table scrap every time we ate. He loved it all, esp munching down on chicken bones, rib bones, etc. we rarely had throw away leftovers. He was the trash disposer.

Was healthy to the point we stopped taking him to the vet for checkups. There was simply no reason for shots, etc. lived a long and happy life sleeping in bed with my wife when I went to work at 3am. Lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back