PP Euro L 5w-30 5k in Ford Explorer

Status
Not open for further replies.
I put on 5000 miles in just three weeks driving from Pittsburgh to work on relief efforts in the Florida Keys, all over the Keys for two weeks, and back home. So many miles so fast may not be a good challenge, but it is what it is. I wonder if the high sodium is from the salt air since I was around the ocean so much? I was concerned about trying a new oil but that's why I got a UOA.

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
Wow! This amount of sodium would have me worried, but metal numbers look really low.

Sample contamination, by any chance?

Dunno. All I can figure is from driving so close to the ocean most of the time. Water is 0.0 so I don't think coolant is getting into the oil.

Last edited:
So is it Euro L or just regular Euro? If it's Euro L, I'm not sure what's the point of using a diesel oil in a gasser.

Originally Posted By: Wolf359
So is it Euro L or just regular Euro? If it's Euro L, I'm not sure what's the point of using a diesel oil in a gasser.

Euro L. It was the only PP 5w30 that any of the local Walmarts had in stock at the time. Now it's gone and they're back with regular PP. Maybe was a supply issue with Walmart.

Originally Posted By: Wolf359
What makes you think that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back