Old School Martinsville

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow what a last 25 laps to a great race congratulations to the 18 on a great win on to Miami.

Did anyone notice in victory lane Kyle addressed the race result like it was the other drivers causing Casas and he was the lucky recipient when it was him who hit Joey Logano causing his flat tire thus giving himself the chance at victory, I'm just saying
confused.gif

TOTO.

Who watches this junk racing anymore? May as well be watching the WWE. I used to watch regularly until I quit about 10 years ago now, I got tired of 10 minutes of commercials for a "debris caution", read hot dog wrapper on the track, and the "competition cautions", may as well just say a long [censored] commercial break built into the race. It is just straight junk now and none of my buddies watch it anymore because nascar forgot who brought them to the dance. I now go to my local dirt track to watch real racing which isn't staged.

Between the regular season champ and the Chase champ and all these stages and [censored] rules that they make up on the fly. Nascar flat out sucks! There is no reason anyone running 16th with 10 races left should have a chance to win. Plus the whole Chase concept is stupid. I stopped caring once they implemented the Chase [censored].

Originally Posted By: thastinger
Who watches this junk racing anymore? May as well be watching the WWE. I used to watch regularly until I quit about 10 years ago now, I got tired of 10 minutes of commercials for a "debris caution", read hot dog wrapper on the track, and the "competition cautions", may as well just say a long [censored] commercial break built into the race. It is just straight junk now and none of my buddies watch it anymore because nascar forgot who brought them to the dance. I now go to my local dirt track to watch real racing which isn't staged.

Originally Posted By: JasonC
Between the regular season champ and the Chase champ and all these stages and [censored] rules that they make up on the fly. Nascar flat out sucks! There is no reason anyone running 16th with 10 races left should have a chance to win. Plus the whole Chase concept is stupid. I stopped caring once they implemented the Chase [censored].

I totally agree with both of you. And they wonder why NASCAR is dying. They have managed to take a once great sport, and ruin it to the point it's just not worth watching....... Let alone trying to figure it out!

Originally Posted By: billt460
Originally Posted By: thastinger

Originally Posted By: JasonC

I totally agree with both of you. And they wonder why NASCAR is dying. They have managed to take a once great sport, and ruin it to the point it's just not worth watching....... Let alone trying to figure it out!

I also stopped watching since the chase format began. I tried watching one race this year, and turned the channel after 10 minutes. I can't even DVR it like I do sometimes for F1 or IMSA. Rather work on projects or do somethine else these days.

Originally Posted By: I_4
I also stopped watching since the chase format began. I tried watching one race this year, and turned the channel after 10 minutes. I can't even DVR it like I do sometimes for F1 or IMSA. Rather work on projects or do somethine else these days.

NASCAR has no one to blame but themselves for this over complicated turd fest. Auto racing use to be one of the easiest sports there is to understand. The guy who wins the most, or finishes highest up the ladder the most, becomes the champion. And you only saw a yellow flag if there was a wreck. Even the most advanced motorsport in the world, Formula 1, utilizes this simple, easy to understand format. Not NASCAR.

Between their stupid "Stages", that all but run the Pace Car out of gas, along with all of these silly "Playoff" races, it's become a complicated, foolish joke. As if it wasn't bad enough before, when Kyle Bush missed 11 races, then still won the championship. So what does NASCAR do in it's infinite wisdom? They make it even more silly and complicated. If they don't get someone with some common sense running this sport, it's going to be dead in a few short years. It's gotten to the point now if you turn on the race, you're greeted to either cautions flags or endless commercials. It's gone beyond stupid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back