PurePro L14612 6k miles cut open

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had Jiffy Lube do my last oil change. Here's the filter they used along with regular dino oil.

Last edited:
So Purolator can make good filters after all?
whistle.gif

Champ with Champ blue button bypass

I generally like the construction of Champ filters except Ecores and clicker style bypass. If they returned to their pre-Ecore design of their PH820, that would be my filter of choice for my 5.7L Hemi.

I wonder if anyone knows who started using this type bypass first, Fram or Champ Labs? I would guess Champ as it goes way back to "blue button." They seem identical. I have a lot of respect for Champ Labs filter designs, hope they make it as a USA business. As long as they get the louvers right, I don't think there has been a torn Champ filter shown ever? I'm sure Delco, Mobil 1, RP, TRD, and Ford OE helps their bottom line.

Jiffy lube near me uses pennzoil for conv oil changes. Is it the same for u?

I've also heard they use these mysterious yellow pennzoil filters.

Interesting that your JL is using this Champ made filter. Just cut open a Performax filter (white can) from Jiffy Lube, it's made by Puro for SOPUS/JL, even says SOPUS on the can.

This Champ made filter looks fine at 6k. In this area AZ has the STP blue can S6607 that would be the same filter. No 7317 size though so they downsize/consolidate to the shorty 6607. Curious what vehicle this was for, and if it was downsized?

OT
Quote:
So Purolator can make good filters after all?....

While they didn't make the topic filter, they did/do make the MC910S you posted two days ago HERE. So apparently they "can".
55.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back