Ford Fusion Possible Steering Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Came completely detached turning into a gas station? Geez people. The thousands of miles you drove it before that where the wheel didn't feel quite right, then felt downright wrong, might have been a clue.

The last time I was at my mechanic some idiots pulled in with a wheel so loose they could barely get it into the garage. "Just started making noise" she said. A glance at the wheel made it clear she had been driving it a long time loose, breaking lugs along the way, and finally pulled into the garage when it reached crisis point. Stupid people do stupid things.

If I had one of those Fusions & it was under warranty , I would print out the report & take it with me to the local Ford dealer .

If out of warranty , I would do some research & then attempt to tighten it my self . Maybe also use some blue LockTite ?

Be safe out there , :)

I would think a loose steering would be pretty obvious long before one fell off.

Also taking an internet story to a dealer is going to get you the response of "ok what should we do with this?" If there is no recall and no issue with the vehicle, the dealer won't do anything under warranty because there will be no way they can get paid for the work by the manufacturer. Now if a customer wanted to pay for a tech to take the airbag off and put on a new bolt with Loctite, be my guest.

Originally Posted By: dishdude
3 complaints out of what, a million vehicles? It's more likely an Accord of the same vintage will randomly catch fire.

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/07/14/honda-re...catch-fire.html

3 is too many. And this is just posted to let everyone that has a Fusion know they should be on the lookout in case their vehicle is also affected. It's not a [censored] contest as to what manufacturers have what problems. All manufacturers suffer from recalls. It happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back