New Harley Davidson 2018 Heritage Review

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, you know, you go from looking at photos of the new Goldwing and other fairing bikes and I love them all.

But for me, of course I am partial to non fairing bikes or maybe better said, my ideal of a bike is limited gadgets and why own a Road King, after all if I wanted the fairing and gadgets for a tiny bit more money I could have simply purchased the Street Glide. We all ride what works for us and I love all bikes, also what is so great about them, everyone can ride what works for them.
My Road King is my escape from my world, part of that is working on electronics all day long in security systems.
I love the solitude of me the bike and the road, even with my wife.

Anyway, not getting any younger, this model always caught my eye in the showroom as a SLIGHTLY less featured, less weight, lower ground clearance model ... but now more then ever, if I ever get BIKE A.D.D ... I want to check this one out, only thing I hate are spokes.
Looking pretty good, great review, I got the magazine yesterday but its already online.

Not only that but the review is done by someone who really wasnt a Harley lover.

2018 Harley Heritage Review

Last edited:
My Softail is a mix of STC and Heritage pieces... but it's 30 years older than that one!
grin.gif

I'd love a new 2018 one....

ride whatever you like, BUT they are still having issues with the M-8 engine!! that said most get fixed under warranty + most are buying the extended warranty to an already overpriced bike, so be sure you have a spare bike if you just gotta ride as a few need extended stays at the STEALERS!!! search M-8 issues fore more info + decide for yourself

Originally Posted By: benjy
ride whatever you like, BUT they are still having issues with the M-8 engine!! that said most get fixed under warranty + most are buying the extended warranty to an already overpriced bike, so be sure you have a spare bike if you just gotta ride as a few need extended stays at the STEALERS!!! search M-8 issues fore more info + decide for yourself

guess the 19 years (since the launch of the previous Twin Cam in 98) spent developing the new engine wasn't quite enough to work out the bugs.... lol

The last couple years Harley has been doing real nice changes. Myself I love the Roadster. It is the perfect Sportster ever !!

I'm not sure I read the same article you guys did, but that Heritage looks like a stripped down model to me. No crash bars, front or rear, or passenger backrest. Saddlebags that look aftermarket, saddlebags that couldn't hold that girl's helmet, and no optional place to lock it to. If you put a rain suit in one bag, and a small tool kit in the other, you'd have no place to hold your phone. Is that a sticker on the front fender?. They must have saved a fortune on chrome for the motor and any other trim they deleted.And who needs anti-lock brakes and cruise control anyway?. Why were they too embarrassed to post the price for that stripped down version ? . You'd get more bang for your buck buying a 2 or 3 year old model, then that on.,,,

Originally Posted By: DuckRyder
MV5BMzM0Y2M3MzktYjQ4Yy00ZDYyLWIxMzktMzRjMzZiYTFhOGJhXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNjUwNzk3NDc@._V1_.jpg

Yes, I know, amazing isnt it?
I love the science/facts/figures, behind their comments ... = none.
//its kind of sad//

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: alarmguy
MV5BMzM0Y2M3MzktYjQ4Yy00ZDYyLWIxMzktMzRjMzZiYTFhOGJhXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNjUwNzk3NDc@._V1_.jpg

Yes, I know, amazing isnt it?
I love the science/facts/figures, behind their comments ... = none.
//its kind of sad//

Pot.... meet kettle.... lol

Do HD spoked (laced) rims need inner tubes or do the rims have the spoke roots sealed to enable tubeless tires?

Originally Posted By: LoneRanger
Do HD spoked (laced) rims need inner tubes or do the rims have the spoke roots sealed to enable tubeless tires?

They are tubeless

Originally Posted By: LC

They are tubeless

Unless it has changed for 18, it is my understanding that only the “profile” wheel is tubeless and steel wheels have tubes. The profile wheel is smooth and rounded and was an option.

They are tubeless

Unless it has changed for 18, it is my understanding that only the “profile” wheel is tubeless and steel wheels have tubes. The profile wheel is smooth and rounded and was an option.

a smooth, round wheel... heck of an innovation there! lol

here, I'll save you the trouble... lol

They are tubeless
My 09 Superglide has spoke tube type wheels. From my owners manual: Use inner tubes on laced(wire spoked) wheels. Using tubeless tires on laced wheels can cause air leaks, which could result in death or injury. Tubeless tires fitted with the correct size inner tubes may be used on all Harley Davidson (wire spoked) wheels. But Protective rubber rim strips must be used with tubeless tires ( fitted with the correct size inner tubes) when mounted on laced (wire spoked ) wheels.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back