Is Redline changing to an "Also Ran"?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It just would be nice for warranty sake if Redline can get some actually OEM approvals. Maybe now they can? I dont know, but strictly from a sales point, if you have a product with the OEM approval, I feel you would have a much broader audience to sell to.

I like Redline, California based company (at least was) unique formulations, Group 5, all they need are those approvals and I think more people would buy their products.

Jeff

I hope they don't/didn't change their C+ Chrysler ATF, which is the best fluid for transmissions that require ATF+4 even though it's not licensed (it uses the same Lubrizol add pack as licensed ATF+4, but with a group V base stock which is why Chrysler won't approve it)

Originally Posted By: Jeffs2006EvoIX
It just would be nice for warranty sake if Redline can get some actually OEM approvals. Maybe now they can? I dont know, but strictly from a sales point, if you have a product with the OEM approval, I feel you would have a much broader audience to sell to.

I like Redline, California based company (at least was) unique formulations, Group 5, all they need are those approvals and I think more people would buy their products.

Jeff

While this is outside the scope of this section, Redline does now have Group III/IV engine oils approved by a few OEMs. The specs are no better than the other similar oils though. Not ones you'd want to run in a GDI.

https://www.redlineoil.com/professional-series-motor-oil

At my next oil change I'm using Amsoil's VW approved 504.00/507.00 oil until the warranty is up, then going to RL 5w30/5w40/Euro 5w30/Euro 5w40 (full flavor Group IV/V versions)

I think it's about expanding their product line. The Pro series is just their jobber oils. The race series will still be POE and priced accordingly ...

They could maybe use the OEM approvals ... But why? Folks who know their oils and run them based on personal knowledge have no need for OEM approvals ... The race oils either work, or not - in my experience they work extremely well
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back