My girlfriend bought a new 2017 Civic

Status
Not open for further replies.
She traded in her trusty 2010 Civic that has been a very good car on a brand new 2017 Civic EX in Cosmic Blue Metallic. She just wanted another basic car with a sun roof and I could not talk her into a higher model. It has a lot of nice features for being a lower end model Civic. I noticed that it has some LED lighting, brake hold feature, nice larger sized screen for the infotainment system, Lanewatch, back up camera, ect. 2.0L 4 cylinder, no turbo, CVT trans, 16" alloy wheels.

We looked at a Jeep Patroit last month and I didn't care for it. Also the sales guy was pushy.

We test drove a Honda HR-V today right after the Civic and that thing is a disaster. The interior was extremely poor fit and finish and not nearly as quiet going down the road as the Civic. Also what turned me off is that the HR-V is made in Mexico, transmission made in Indonesia, and I cant remember where the engine was made. It just seemed like a last minuet slap together parts bin car.

22853409_10155657423529627_2754226542005735318_n by Daniel Erickson, on Flickr

It's the best selling car in Canada and it's built here so thanks for supporting our economy.
thumbsup2.gif

Originally Posted By: Merkava_4
What's the brake hold feature all about ?

So lets say you are in a traffic jam where your creeping one car length and then stopping. Once you are at a complete stop push the brake hold button and you can let you foot off the brake with the car in gear and the car will stay put. You can creep forward by pushing the gas and then as soon as you come to another complete stop you can release the brake pedal and the car will stay put.

Kind of neat so you do not have to sit with your foot on the brake for long periods of time.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: StevieC
It's the best selling car in Canada and it's built here so thanks for supporting our economy.
thumbsup2.gif

The US market ones are from Indiana. Or at least the one we have is from Indiana.

Originally Posted By: StevieC
thumbsup2.gif

You guys are lucky because Canada gets a base DX that we don't get in the US.

Also, Canada can get the sport touring hatchback with a manual transmission. In the US, it's CVT-only. Your regular Sport hatch also includes a sunroof; ours doesn't.

All Civic hatchbacks are made in England.

Originally Posted By: dan_erickson
So lets say you are in a traffic jam where your creeping one car length and then stopping. Once you are at a complete stop push the brake hold button and you can let you foot off the brake with the car in gear and the car will stay put. You can creep forward by pushing the gas and then as soon as you come to another complete stop you can release the brake pedal and the car will stay put.

Kind of neat so you do not have to sit with your foot on the brake for long periods of time.

That sounds like a win-win right there! At Costco, I'm always having to creep up and then put the car in Park while in the gas line.

The Civic could be tops overall in it's segment...back to what Honda does well! I agree that it does most or all thing well. I just think it's over styled for our taste. And we're disliking Honda's new direction if OE wheels.

Some like the Mazda3 in the segment but, it's a noisy ride. Nice drivetrain, noisy ride! I drove 4 of this gen as well at different times. I think they're noisier than the '06 in my signature which is a nice little car.

My wife wants an HR-V and I agree with you. We drove 5 different HR-Vs from 4 different dealerships at different times over the past 2 years and they all feel like JUUU-HUUUNK! Sorry to whomever owns one.
smirk.gif

Last edited:
I like the way the new Civic drives and handles. Great interior and quiet at highway speed.

I'm not too crazy about ugly wheel design and rear bumper.

The 2.0 engine is the only I would consider having... no turbo for me.

The twisted spoke wheels always look wrong on the passenger side. No Like

Otherwise congrats. I would prefer a 5 or 6 speed theft deterrent device (manual) but it seems Americans are too lazy.

Rod

She just wanted another basic car with a sun roof and I could not talk her into a higher model. It has a lot of nice features for being a lower end model Civic.

Well that's because the EX is not the lower-end model. That would be the LX package. The EX is a pretty loaded car.

Originally Posted By: Bottom_Feeder
She just wanted another basic car with a sun roof and I could not talk her into a higher model. It has a lot of nice features for being a lower end model Civic.

Well that's because the EX is not the lower-end model. That would be the LX package. The EX is a pretty loaded car.

The EX is one step above the base model and is a shade over 22K on the window sticker. I wanted the sport touring that was pushing 30K. So I still think an EX is a basic car.

The crazy wheels on cars tells you what they think of "our minds". They think we're easily entertained, dazzle oriented creatures.

Of course, some are!

Hey OP: How many miles were on the 2010 she traded in?

Originally Posted By: Kira
The crazy wheels on cars tells you what they think of "our minds". They think we're easily entertained, dazzle oriented creatures.

Of course, some are!

Hey OP: How many miles were on the 2010 she traded in?

Nice car, I like the style/looks of the new Civic. Are those the new Illinois plates on it? Appears to be. *****, they should have stuck with the old ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back