Another Scandal - Subaru

Status
Not open for further replies.
After Nissan stop production in Japan, now it is revealed Subaru was having same issue like Nissan for the last 30 years. Toyota and Honda have declared with no such issue.
Who's next ?

Fiat claimed they got poor quality steel from the Sovs in exchange for the old Fiat 124 design/plant that formed the basis for the Lada, and that's why Fiat's rusted so badly.

Might have been true, but I suspect they rusted so badly mostly because they were Fiats, and Fiats have ALWAYS rusted badly.

Last edited:
FIAT = Fix It Again Tony.
grin2.gif

Originally Posted By: skyactiv
This isn't a big deal in my opinion.

Supplies to aircraft and nuclear plant construction might be a bit more of an issue, though.

The issue is not about the steel, but with qc. If that impact serviceable item, it should not much an issue even though it may still impact safety. However it now may be true why there is alot of conflicting opinion on subaru reliability.

Originally Posted By: StevieC
grin2.gif

Down here in South America Fiat is a very trusted brand, but it is more a Brazilian brand than an Italian one, we have special Fiat cars designed for South America

Originally Posted By: kr_bitog
After Nissan stop production in Japan, now it is revealed Subaru was having same issue like Nissan for the last 30 years.

What issue are we talking about here?

Originally Posted By: Emanuel
grin2.gif

Down here in South America Fiat is a very trusted brand, but it is more a Brazilian brand than an Italian one, we have special Fiat cars designed for South America

I'm Italian background... It's my dad (Italian immigrant to Canada) that taught me FIAT.
wink.gif

grin2.gif

I'm Italian background... It's my dad (Italian immigrant to Canada) that taught me FIAT.
wink.gif

I have a Mazda with a Fiat engine and a bunch of Mopar labeled parts. What could possibly go wrong?
lol.gif

Suddenly, Volkswagen's diesel emissions ECU firmware hack for USA market doesn't seem so big of a deal ...

Certain attributes seem to be a default: haters gonna hate. Corporations gonna cheat...

Originally Posted By: wemay

http://money.cnn.com/2017/10/27/news/companies/subaru-inspection-scandal-japan/index.html

For weak inspections to really cause a problem, there has to be low quality or bad methods during production. Neither Nissan nor Subaru have those production problems. I see this as a non-issue. Along with Toyota, both are probably in the top tier of best practices during the manufacturing process. The fact some employees were conducting quality assurance inspections before they were certificated internally within the company for that task, really seems rather a big scare over nothing within two of the world's top quality auto makers.

grin2.gif

I'm guessing that, unlike coffee, there isn't an awful lot of salting in Brazil.

Originally Posted By: LoneRanger

http://money.cnn.com/2017/10/27/news/companies/subaru-inspection-scandal-japan/index.html

For weak inspections to really cause a problem, there has to be low quality or bad methods during production. Neither Nissan nor Subaru have those production problems. I see this as a non-issue. Along with Toyota, both are probably in the top tier of best practices during the manufacturing process. The fact some employees were conducting quality assurance inspections before they were certificated internally within the company for that task, really seems rather a big scare over nothing within two of the world's top quality auto makers.

I tend to agree. The mere fact these manufacturers are taking this so seriously is actually a good sign. If they would have obfuscated, i would be worried about a deeper cover up.

Originally Posted By: LoneRanger

It is when they're faking QC reports on aircraft metal. I wouldn't trust Honda, Toyota or Nissan anymore than GM Chrysler or any other company. The lack of QC becomes a problem when their junk goes onto our public roads.

To the Original Poster: Your topic and initial post offers no information about what you are talking about. Luckily people here are good mind readers. Use your words.

I tend to agree. The mere fact these manufacturers are taking this so seriously is actually a good sign. If they would have obfuscated, i would be worried about a deeper cover up.

Agreed. Could you imagine what the big three have gotten away with without the general public's knowing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back