Dodge Challenger Police Chase

Status
Not open for further replies.
I watched about 20 minutes of it and had to stop. Causing me too much anxiety.

I would rather the car get away from the police than crash into something and get totaled.

Car ran out of gas and the driver ran into the woods. But they did catch him. Car is fine, well not crashed or anything.

stupid how you gonna outrun a helicopter?
spankme2.gif

glad they got him and glad no one was hurt...

Last edited:
Car held the road good, driver kept his cool, and the other motorists weren't flaky dubs.

It looks a lot like the 70 white Challenger in a great classic cross-county chase movie "Vanishing Point"

I don't get the point of this. If that were my car is be [censored]. Keep in mind most cases the vehicle gets wrecked. Congratulations we got your car back! I hope you had full coverage It's totalled!

There may be some of us here who successfully eluded the po when we were young and dumb.
We may now be very thankful that we were never caught and charged.
It's never a matter of the performance of the vehicles involved, since any simple four cylinder car will do well over 100 mph.
It's more a matter of opening up a lead and then exploiting it to go somewhere that your pursuers can't see you going.
As I wrote above, there may be some here who did such things.
OTOH, if you have a chain of cops on your tail, then you have nowhere to go and might as well stop and put your hands where they can be seen before things get uglier than they already are.
You're busted!

Danica's former ride ought to offer this guy a contract. Many cars on the road these days can run 110-130 mph comfortably without a problem. It comes down to the "other" guys. Simple 1993 Camaro Z28 V8's were capable of doing 130 mph all day long too (top speed 150+ mph).

After watching for 7 min I don't see 200 mph. Does that ever happen?

Mohmed Ahmed Abu~Shlieba … cannot seem to find any other info on him (prior raps etc) …

Originally Posted By: Traction
It looks a lot like the 70 white Challenger in a great classic cross-county chase movie "Vanishing Point"

Vanishing Point is an all-time great chase movie.

Originally Posted By: fdcg27
There may be some of us here who successfully eluded the po when we were young and dumb.
It's never a matter of the performance of the vehicles involved, since any simple four cylinder car will do well over 100 mph.
It's more a matter of opening up a lead and then exploiting it to go somewhere that your pursuers can't see you going.
OTOH, if you have a chain of cops on your tail, then you have nowhere to go and might as well stop and put your hands where they can be seen before things get uglier than they already are.
You're busted!

It's all about that initial lead, getting off of the highway, and making the correct series of turns.

A guy I know did it a few times when he was younger, but would never even think of it today.

Helicopter = Done

Originally Posted By: OneEyeJack

Vanishing Point is an all-time great chase movie.

I like the remake better.

That is a great movie.

I think it was when “Drive” came out a few years ago, that I saw an interview and the writer said he always loved car movies and named that one. I didn’t know it, so I rented it. I don’t know why It isn’t more famous. Great movie.

Geez maybe I can handle a Hellcat! I'm afraid I'll go WOT and end up upside down. It's about time to trade the Jeep...
H72WS1z.gif

Originally Posted By: DoubleWasp
Originally Posted By: fdcg27
You're busted!

It's all about that initial lead, getting off of the highway, and making the correct series of turns.

A guy I know did it a few times when he was younger, but would never even think of it today.

Helicopter = Done

I thought they just get the plate number and meet you at your house?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back