Thoughts on armalite

Status
Not open for further replies.
Two stage trigger is worth something, but for that money I'd want a 20" nm upper, a YM bolt and a solid stock, IMO..

Holy cow, that's pricey. You could build one similar to that for half the price, I'd imagine. I just finished building mine. It's nothing fancy really, it's actually pretty basic. However, final price was only $335 and that includes two mags and glass.

Decent gun from a decent company. As long as you want to run it as it, you would have a decent buy if you get it for the prices you have seen. Personally I would prefer a 18 inch with a rifle length system, but a 16 inch midlength system is pretty good.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: JHZR2
Two stage trigger is worth something, but for that money I'd want a 20" nm upper, a YM bolt and a solid stock, IMO..

Yup - A2 NM all slicked up
laugh.gif

Go to Rock River and see what a NM rifle costs there ... A true NM rifle ain't $300, no matter where you buy it. You'll have more than that in just the barrel
laugh.gif

Last edited:
Way, way too pricey for a D.I. 5.56 MM AR-15 in today's market, regardless of what it's got. Reminds me of a Daniel Defense. They're overpriced as well, unless you enjoy paying $400.00 for a forend. Shop around. Your money buys an incredible amount of rifle in today's AR-15 market.

Cabella has them in stock for $999. Seriously though AR rifles are dropping like a refrigerator down a mine shafts now. You can buy a regular AR 15 with a aluminum receiver all day for $500.
I bought a Armalite Eagle Arms for $375 a month ago- brand new on auction site shipped.

A rifle built with good parts from a long-time quality company... yes it's going to cost more than a $335 home built. Quick GunBroker check shows them not selling for $1100. It's been an EBR* buyers market since November .

*Evil Black Rifle

Originally Posted By: Panzerman
Cabella has them in stock for $999. Seriously though AR rifles are dropping like a refrigerator down a mine shafts now. You can buy a regular AR 15 with a aluminum receiver all day for $500.
I bought a Armalite Eagle Arms for $375 a month ago- brand new on auction site shipped.

I have seen plain jane AR alloy guns for 399 at times from places like Grabagun.

Originally Posted By: JustN89
Holy cow, that's pricey. You could build one similar to that for half the price, I'd imagine. I just finished building mine. It's nothing fancy really, it's actually pretty basic. However, final price was only $335 and that includes two mags and glass.

Yes but I've shot some Armalite's you think your gun would match up?

Originally Posted By: Panzerman
Seriously though AR rifles are dropping like a refrigerator down a mine shafts now. You can buy a regular AR 15 with a aluminum receiver all day for $500.

Correct... Browse AIM surplus and CDNN for some outstanding deals

An AR isn't an AR there are some of the highest quality steels 'Machine gun quality' And some with 'bolt action quality steel' Either may work and work well. But this is BITOG GP 1 or GP V base stocks ?

You could get the The Colt Combat Unit™ Carbine (LE6960-CCU) for less than that MSRP even after the sights and 2 stage trigger.

Armalite generally makes a nice rifle though.

Originally Posted By: CT8
An AR isn't an AR there are some of the highest quality steels 'Machine gun quality' And some with 'bolt action quality steel.......

And the fact is none of it will matter in the least to 99.99% of the middle class, civilian shooters out there, who purchase these guns. And are paying $6.00+ @ box for 20 rounds of .223.

Nice looking gun. I agree it's pricey. I also agree that many of these cheap AR's, while they may claim to be mil-spec, are substandard. I have a cheap AR, my boss has a Colt. They look to be about the same quality and have similar surface finishes. The Colt runs better and I'd bet a dollar uses the proper metallurgy, and not an ounce of Chinese steel.

Originally Posted By: Cujet
Nice looking gun. I agree it's pricey. I also agree that many of these cheap AR's, while they may claim to be mil-spec, are substandard. I have a cheap AR, my boss has a Colt. They look to be about the same quality and have similar surface finishes. The Colt runs better and I'd bet a dollar uses the proper metallurgy, and not an ounce of Chinese steel.

Do you have any links that show any of the major AR-15 component manufacturers, are using Chinese steel in any of their components?

I don't think it matters if it has Chinese steel. They are making them out of poly, not that I would want one, but it's a simple design.
It's like comparing a harbor freight motor to a Honda. Either one will outlive the user for what you use it for. How many people on here ever shot out a AR to death??

Last edited:
It’s not overpriced, it’s actually a fair price in the current market. The guys that are quoting these low prices are not buying a finished rifle from a top company with a mid length adjustable gas block, full length aluminum handguard and a two-stage trigger. They are talking about budget rifles they don’t have all of these features. If you look around you can probably find one for under $950.00 I’m considering this http://www.mrgundealer.com/product.armal...308-win-16-1047 : AR-10 : It’s $810.00 but notice it doesn’t have any of the upgraded parts. Don’t forget, with the budget route you DO NOT get the excellent warranty and service you will from Armalite. I’m a bargain lover as much as the next guy. I’ve just been around long enough to know that the best bargains are rarely the lowest price.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back