Do Continental Extreme Contact DWS 06's Flat Spot?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a set of DW's and they are bad to flat spot overnight while parked, looking for feedback on this from owners of DWS's.

Originally Posted By: Egg_Head
I have a set of DW's and they are bad to flat spot overnight while parked, looking for feedback on this from owners of DWS's.

What is your inflation level and are they Nitrogen inflated?

I have DWS 06s on my SS Sedan. They are run @ 36psi with a custom mix of 78% Nitrogen. No flat spotting noted over the last year.

Based on reading and personal experience, think it depends on the application. Some years ago put a set of 215/50-17 DWS on a 3.0L Accord. Morning flat spotting and accompanying vibration unacceptable to me, never had a tire ride that poorly. Tried them for 30 days on DT ride guarantee, took them back and got Michelin Primacy MXV4. Ride difference night and day. No noticeable flat spotting on the MXV4. The RT43s I have on now, as good as the Primacy, no flat spotting or vibration.

Reading some others experiences here, not like mine.

I have 245/45-17 DWS 06 tires on my 2007 Volvo S80. Well pleased in ride and winter snow performance. No flat spot issues even if not driven for two months during the summer.

Originally Posted By: ammolab
I have DWS 06s on my SS Sedan. They are run @ 36psi with a custom mix of 78% Nitrogen. No flat spotting noted over the last year.

lol.gif

I had a set of those on my tc. Awful in the winter. I just spun the tires and slid around like a hockey puck no matter how careful I was. I never had any flat spots even when the car would sit for weeks at a time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back