STP Oil Filter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Never see much on STP Oil filters. AutoZone is running a rebate for PP with a STP oil filter for 17 bucks. Any pros or cons with STP? One car will be a cartridge the other will be a spin on.

I saw that PP deal. $17 with stp long life filter after MiR.

The filter was actually pretty nice, interesting red rubber parts.

But the filter was made in China though the regular stp filters were made in USA. I couldn't bring myself to buy, even with MIR.

A better deal is buy the oil from walmart and get the $10 rebate. Comes to $12/jug.

Buy the filter of your choice.

In this area the STP blue cans are the still the old Farm Filtration filters. Part Champ with some ecores, part Fram fiber end cap filters like the S2808.

The topic STP is the XL was made in Korea, recently China. Has a nice efficiency rating, but outside of an oil/filter promotion pricey when compared to the FU. A blend type media, and no common 7317/14610 application size.

Originally Posted By: danez_yoda
A better deal is buy the oil from walmart and get the $10 rebate. Comes to $12/jug.

No, the Autozone PP deal is better. There is a $20 rebate from AZ and a $10 rebate from Pennzoil. Brings the oil + filter down to $8 plus tax.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: GatorJ

No, the Autozone PP deal is better. There is a $20 rebate from AZ and a $10 rebate from Pennzoil. Brings the oil + filter down to $8 plus tax.

SWEET!

Originally Posted By: GatorJ
Originally Posted By: danez_yoda

AZ instant rebate or mail in?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back