When I die I want to.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Funny you brought this up, as I've been thinking about that lately. Probably the same but have a kegger for my friends. All my buds at work had promised that whomever passes within our group, we all agreed to have a kegger at the funeral.

Originally Posted By: ZZman
Be cremated and have a cheap funeral.

How about you?

Be cremated and have no Funeral Service.
I just want to be recalled / remembered, the exact same way as when I was alive.

Nobody celebrated anything I have accomplished or done - not since my marriage in 1971. That was 46 years ago. Not even a milestone birthday party when I reached 50 or 60 years old.

So unless my short list of family and friends are suddenly happy that I have departed the earth, then there's no need to have a funeral service on my behalf.

Don't bother viewing my ash-remains in that urn also. My soul / spirit has departed also. If you want to talk to your departed friends or family at places like cemeteries, you are wasting a trip there. They are no longer inside that dead body. They've been with you since they passed-on.

Yes, a departed soul can be in a 1,000 places at one time. Wait, make that 100,000+ places.

Originally Posted By: Triple_Se7en
Nobody celebrated anything I have accomplished or done - not since my marriage in 1971. That was 46 years ago. Not even a milestone birthday party when I reached 50 or 60 years old.

So unless my short list of family and friends are suddenly happy that I have departed the earth, then there's no need to have a funeral service on my behalf.

That is sad man....
frown.gif

Cremation, no funeral. No one should skip a beat because I'm not walking the earth anymore. I ain't important.
If you can't tell me you like me while I'm here, don't come around after I'm gone and say I was decent. That's baloney, IMO.
My special needs daughter and I have logged about 9000 miles on the CanAm Spyder. My final request is that my ashes be put in a box, cut a corner of it, and let me take one more ride with her.
No one should skip a beat because I'm not walking the earth anymore.

We've had one "lot" and headstone for ten years or so. My wife's doing. I don't give big rat's(don't want to be banned) what happens after i die. Local funeral home which has handled funeral for family members has given us a tentative cost of more than six thousand dollars.That's for cremation. (each) That takes care of cremation,urn, vault(that's right, the urn has to be in a concrete vault), interment,notices and yada yada yada. Funeral directors pretty much write their own legislation in this state. I think I have a few years to live and I am working on arrangement with a Omaha crematory for a $995 up the stack deal. Looking to find someone who will go out some dark, windy, corn stover flying night with a post hole digger and drop urn in hole. $250 for funeral home to dig hole and inter vault. The problem is getting the death certificate which is now electronically sent to Vital Records Office by funeral home. The funeral home is not going to be in any hurry as body must embalmed within 24 hour unless refrigerated. In this state, funeral homes have made adjustments as cremation is used more and more. The casket cost has been factored into any service so that your survivors are going to get hosed one way or another no matter what you choose for final disposal. I understand that funeral homes provided a needed service to the community, but what they have is a license to STEAL. They pretty much do what they want to do since they provide a service that is very esoteric to the masses.

I want people to wear their vacation clothes like Hawaiian shirts and shorts, and share ice cream cake. There's no point feeling sad, cheer up.

Originally Posted By: Merkava_4
Cremated is not thorough enough for me. I want to be vaporized.

Is that volitility?

No embalming, just put my body in a cheap plywood coffin and put in the ground...then have a free memorial service with a party to follow for all those that knew me. My spirit will be there to enjoy the moment, then I am off doing better things.

My wife got a small envelope of her step fathers ashes after he died. Years later, while cleaning the house, I found this disgusting envelope filled this gritty, ashy stuff and threw it down the toilet....he’s working for the city now....

I’ll be cremated and ALL of my ashes will be put somewhere ( I don’t know where, maybe the Lavender pit here in Bisbee). Don’t subscribe to giving relatives some of your ashes, sometimes that doesn’t work out quite right.

Well, about 4 years years ago and right before I had some major surgery, I made out a will...just in case.

Anyway, the will stated exactly how things should be divided up so no one could contest anything. (I have an excellent attorney).

I wanted a cremation with a short service, and one song played during that short service
by the Eagles, "Take it to the Limit (One More Time)."
grin2.gif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=irOnB3PNXr4

The savings from this short service were to go to a party afterwords for all the family and friends. So if you hear of my death, all of BITOG is invited as well.
lol.gif

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back