Best Audio Setup to go along with Drumset

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm looking for a setup so that people can hear the music I'm playing. I use headphones and have a way to play the music on a computer as well as on my headphones at the same time.

Right now, I am using Logitech 2.1 computer speakers from 2002 or so. I want something that will be as loud as my drums and sound like a concert. I'm not looking to spend a fortune (under 1k) and used is no problem.

Any ideas? I'm looking for full sound (bass-mid-highs). I know a lot of DJ's use those tower speakers such as these: https://albany.craigslist.org/msg/d/bose-l1-s1-with-b1-bass-band/6306054972.html

Any input would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Sounds like you're looking for a PA system, maybe something like a personal PA. JBL, Fender, and Behringer, all make systems for less than $500 that should probably be able to keep up with your drums... depending on how crazy you are. Yamaha are a bit more expensive and Bose even more.

I'd check out Sweetwater and Musicians Friend. Both have buyers guides for PA systems and I know Musicians Friend often has PA systems as their Stupid Deal of the Day.

I've ordered from Sweetwater before. Their sales dept. calls me every month or two, haha.

I've been looking at PA's, but I feel like those are more mid-high range oriented. I need bass as well. Not sure if there's a PA subwoofer or something that can be used.

More volume equals more money. When you go to a PA setup, all your stuff will need to me miced, then you need a mixer board. When I was touring, the problem I always had was not getting enough bottom end so that I could feel the drums. Usually the cymbals and high end stuff would cut through the music unmiced, but I'm talking about a club setting, not stadiums. Don't know what your size and audience is, but you could still use the headphones and then place the outgoing sound in front of the drums so that the sound projects in front of you and the drums would drown out the rest. That would be the cheapest option I'd think.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back