Torco MTF

Status
Not open for further replies.

pbm

I had purchased some Torco MTF to use in my 2014 Focus 5 speed but decided against using it because it's labeled GL-5.
On the back it states:
"MTF is yellow metal safe and can be used in transmissions, transaxles, and transfer cases where an ATF, GL-5 or GL-4 light viscosity oil is recommended......MTF is highly recommended for both racing and high performance street applications"

I ended up changing the FF (at 28K) using a Volvo GL-4 75W fluid that met the Ford spec. (Volvo used the MTX-75 in some of their cars when they were owned by Ford so I believe the fluid is identical to the FF). At any rate, the Volvo fluid is working fine.

I'm thinking of using this Torco stuff the next time because even though its considered 'light viscosity', it's still more viscous than the 75W FF....My thinking is that by 60 or 70K the slightly higher viscosity won't matter.

Am I thinking correctly? Does the GL-5 rating bother any of you? Thoughts? Thanks.

It doesnt bother me since its dual rated, however it probably wont shift as well as the factory syn MTF fluid.

Won't know until you try it. Redline MTL is the bee knees for most manual tranny's. The Torco stuff may be good too
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: ShotGun429
In My experience here at the Speed Shop: Everything Torco makes is TOP SHELF!!! Use without worries. Gregg

Thanks Greg...like I said, by the time I put it in the tranny should be well broken in so the slightly thicker viscosity shouldn't matter much....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back