Unique Crosswalk Eye Catcher in Iceland

Status
Not open for further replies.
Notice how the pedestrian is looking at us(the driver). Over the years Ive rarely,if ever,have seen xwalkers look at me,phone or no phone. Maybe its just me. I always look for this ,since personally,I never cross the street with out looking different directions the whole way accross.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: PalmSpringsSCal
Notice how the pedestrian is looking at us(the driver). Over the years Ive rarely,if ever,have seen xwalkers look at me,phone or no phone. Maybe its just me. I always look for this ,since personally,I never cross the street with out looking different directions the whole way accross.

Reminds me of a conversation I had with my father at the age of five when in kindergarten. He was concerned with me crossing a busy intersection when my older brother (also at same school) was not always around. He strongly suggested I always wait until the cars had come to a complete stop before proceeding. I informed him I usually wait to see the approval from the drivers eyes and face before crossing. This was an ingenious idea to him as he indicated in his animated approval of my way of seeing things.

Years later he still referenced that situation and his excited response.
These days where texting and distracted driving has become prevalent, the need to make eye contact has become a necessity.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back