electric pressure washer recommendations

Status
Not open for further replies.
looking for an inexpensive electric pressure washer for occasional use. no big jobs--just blasting the back patio and occasional use on car wheels/tires and torq foam cannon---so would like the fittings on the hose and wand to be the "standard" if there is such a thing.. anyone own the one sold at walmart or HF? what has been your experience with it? any info would be appreciated

I've had two and I used them a long time before they gave out. I just bought one of the cheap blue ones at Walmart and the other one I bought at a Pawn Shop for $30. I still have that one. Good alternative to a gas engine one for light duty.

My son owns a Sun Joe I believe purchased at Home Depot. He's had it a few years, I used it once with a foam cannon, pretty impressed. Seems well made, and it worked well. He caught it on sale at a good price, from slickdeals. Iirc it's this model, also sold at Amazon. If you can wait that long, it's possible you might find a good deal on one around Black Friday

https://www.amazon.com/Joe-SPX3000-Pressure-14-5-Amp-Electric/dp/B00CPGMUXW

Originally Posted By: Panzerman
I've had two and I used them a long time before they gave out. I just bought one of the cheap blue ones at Walmart and the other one I bought at a Pawn Shop for $30. I still have that one. Good alternative to a gas engine one for light duty.

Just borrowed my fiancee's $99 blue (blue is brand name) one last week to do lower level trim and gutters on house, garage door, porch trim, trex deck, white pvc railing on deck. It worked pretty good. A smidge more psi wouldn't have hurt but too much more might have risked taking paint off the aluminum gutters and downspouts. It had two spray fittings. One did a pulsating circular spray, didn't use that one. Other was the standard linear or flat line spray where you can adjust the width of the spray line.

Unfun part of pressure washing house trim is you then have to clean every single window that was underneath
eek.gif

+1 on the Sunjoe. I bought one this past spring and it's been great. I have no idea how it'll work come next spring but so far, I've gotten my money's worth out of it. Great for cars, decks, and houses. I could use some more PSI for cleaning the green junk off decks, but with patience it does the job. I use Briggs and Stratton Pump Saver so hopefully the winter freeze won't kill it.

If it dies, I'll go to a gas unit.

They never last, get the extended warranty. I would only buy a gas pressure washer with a name brand pump. The part that goes is always the pump. Look on craigslist all the time non-functioning pump functioning engine.

Bought a Black Max at Sam's Club. Had it ab.out 4 years. Came with 2 yr warranty and I bought 2 more . It is just like the Ryobi on wheels at Home Depot. My son bought one there and uses it all the time. It has very reliable. Keep it from freezing though.

The only one I've owned and still have is a Task Force from Lowe's that I bought on clearance for $58 in 2010. I only use it about two or three times a year though.

My first electric power washer was a Coleman Powermate. It lasted 29 years, it was somewhat clumsy to handle but was a very reliable unit. My current electric power washer is a Greenworks 1800-PSI 1.1-Gallon-GPM Cold Water Electric Pressure Washer
Model # GPW1800, which I purchased from lowes. It is 3 years old. Performs very well, and I find it much easier to use than my first washer. So far no problems. I hope it lasts a long time1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back