This doesn't look right...

Status
Not open for further replies.
That semi tractor on the trailer weights 15,000 - 16,000 lbs. Trailer probably weighs 3,000 lbs. So say up to 20,000 lbs. being towed.

Looks like most of the weight is on the hitch, like 10,000 lbs at least.

Way outside what could be considered safe being hauled by a single rear wheel pickup.

Just wow....

Edit - If the engine and transmission is out of that semi, it could take 6,000 lbs off the weights above, but still looks to be overloaded - big time.

I SERIOUSLY doubt that's legal. Most semi truck tractors weigh 20,000+ lbs

It's missing he front bumper - maybe the engine is gone, too? The engine is about 4,000 lbs

If no engine, it's probably OK.

I saw that going down the 17, guy was pulling it with this.
crackmeup2.gif

XAzDhY8.jpg

Legal. Common sight to see single axle medium duty dump trucks pulling 25 ton tags with a loader or a backhoe. Either piece of equipment easily grosses what that road tractor weighs.

Hard to say without knowing what the specific truck was that was pulling it, and the load rating of the trailer. I will say that the trailer appears to be excessively bowed from the weight, and the trailer tires do appear to be under-inflated and/or overloaded.

Traveling around the country I see some sketchy vehicles/loads on the road. If I saw that trailer, even without seeing what's pulling it, I'd steer clear.

I know our Volvo sleepers of that vintage at work are in the 16000lb+ range like Danno said above. I've never seen anything like that with tires hanging off the trailer bed, etc. Hopefully the powertrain is out of that old girl, but even at 10000lbs, yikes.

When I was a child my father would comment to the effect that if he was a highway patrolman he'd spend his workday inspecting and cracking down on "bad trailering".

Looks like the tires and axles from lowboy trailer, and that tongue looks to be a foot deep? Sure looks odd but maybe it could be legal? Also I think its a tilt trailer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back