Why your engine looses power over time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
A good summary video for those not familiar.
smile.gif

Deliberated on watching it or saying ignorance is bliss....

....ended up watching it. Cool video. Thanks for sharing!

Not as much a issue as it was in the old days because the computer is constantly adjusting to optimize power.
Why cars run pretty much good their whole life with minimal maintenance. Not like cars in the 70-80s.

Originally Posted By: simple_gifts
If you buy an echo, you won't miss losing something you never had.

LOL. You win the internet for the day!

Originally Posted By: ls1mike
Originally Posted By: simple_gifts
If you buy an echo, you won't miss losing something you never had.

LOL. You win the internet for the day!
Both of you ...
lol.gif

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: HoosierJeeper
Deliberated on watching it or saying ignorance is bliss....

....ended up watching it. Cool video. Thanks for sharing!
thumbsup2.gif

That guy makes some basic yet very comprehensive videos … I don’t doubt he can also fly at 41K if he wants to …
I’d take him over some of the 3.8+ know it alls they hand me to groom …

Thanks for the video.

It made me go back to my records to check when was the last time I replaced the air filter. It was 26K miles and 5+ years ago. I just pulled it out to inspect it. It doesn't look too bad, but I'll probably order a new one anyway.

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
Thanks for the video.

It made me go back to my records to check when was the last time I replaced the air filter. It was 26K miles and 5+ years ago. I just pulled it out to inspect it. It doesn't look too bad, but I'll probably order a new one anyway.

I can get 20,000km out of the Journey air filter max. (12K Miles) and it's loaded. I thought about putting in a pre-screen or something to slow down them wearing out because the cheapest ones I can find are $12. Might even eliminate the air box and put on a cold air intake instead or something...

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
Thanks for the video.

Try living on a dirt road. Ours last a year or less. I'm considering getting those reusable cleanable K&N filters for all our vehicles.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: StevieC
I can get 20,000km out of the Journey air filter max. (12K Miles) and it's loaded. I thought about putting in a pre-screen or something to slow down them wearing out

Speaking of pre-screens, the replacement filter that I just received has a thin layer of cotton padding on the bottom, supposedly to keep the filter from getting soaked with water from snow/slush.

26312260049_a32a9bcae4_o.jpg

Below is the old filter that I just removed. It does not look too bad, given its age. The pleats got deformed, possibly because it may have gotten wet at some point. This one did not have that cotton padding.

26312260219_72185da488_o.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back