Redline updated their website!

Status
Not open for further replies.
It seems as though Redline made some changes to their website. Looks a lot flashier and modern than it did before. If I'm late to the party just ignore me, but I swear it didn't look like it does now a few weeks ago. I like what they've done to it. What do you guys think of it?
https://www.redlineoil.com/

They claim OE series is III/PAO.

Top of the line still blended with POE in unknown %.

CP’s influence. I’d like to see a VOA of the OE.

Originally Posted By: buster
They claim OE series is III/PAO.

Another one bites the dust . . .

Hope the additive solubility agent is either Grp II or ester or the metal cling polarity of a III/PAO blend won't be great.

Sad when a company get bought out by a corporation. Just like when RP got bought out,that was the end of Synerlec (unless you buy their more expensive HRS or XPR).

Two more wonderful indie companies gone bye bye.

Originally Posted By: aquariuscsm
Sad when a company get bought out by a corporation. Just like when RP got bought out,that was the end of Synerlec (unless you buy their more expensive HRS or XPR).

Two more wonderful indie companies gone bye bye.

Yep they bought a name. This is just another reason why I will never be loyal to one product or one brand anymore. As soon as I find that a product I was using was tweaked in a way that I'm not happy with, I'm done with them. That looks like it might be the case here.

Time to buy every old bottle of it you can find, and add it to the stash.

Why would a website redesign equal the company being bought out? I don't see the connection.

Originally Posted By: OhOMG
Time to buy every old bottle of it you can find, and add it to the stash.

Why would a website redesign equal the company being bought out? I don't see the connection.

They were bought by Phillips 66 about a year ago.

When opening the web site in chrome, I see the web site security certificate shows Phillips 66 Company US (it has for 6 months or more)

From Google-
What a security certificate is
When you go to a site that uses HTTPS (connection security), the website's server uses a certificate to prove the website's identity to browsers, like Chrome. Anyone can create a certificate claiming to be whatever website they want.

To help you stay on safe on the web, Chrome requires websites to use certificates from trusted organizations.

Originally Posted By: shanneba
OhOMG said:
From Google-
What a security certificate is
When you go to a site that uses HTTPS (connection security), the website's server uses a certificate to prove the website's identity to browsers, like Chrome. Anyone can create a certificate claiming to be whatever website they want.

To help you stay on safe on the web, Chrome requires websites to use certificates from trusted organizations.

Well that's fantastic! Google says we can trust Phillips 66, so that's settled then. The great products they've always made will continue!

Originally Posted By: endeavor to persevere
Looks like they are just adding group 3 oil to their line. The group 5 ester oil is still the same. They were bought out some time ago, not recently I believe.

Great! So, no re-formulation took place.. rather, a new line added. This is helpful. Thank you so much!

Also, as to confirmation of the change in ownership.

You'd think that the new owners would have insisted that they switch to using bottles you can actually pour out of. Those cone-shaped things are brutal.

Originally Posted By: jaj
You'd think that the new owners would have insisted that they switch to using bottles you can actually pour out of. Those cone-shaped things are brutal.

01.gif

Try putting waste oil into them.
09.gif

At least with the Amsoil Quarts/Gallon they have the wide mouths on them that you can stick a funnel into very easy.

Originally Posted By: jaj

I've never understood why they used such terrible bottle designs. Hand pumps don't fit, and pouring them is a pita.

Took at a look at the 5w20 they offer now vs a several year old spec sheet. HTHS has dropped from 3.3 to 3.0.

Obviously, they've changed something important.

Originally Posted By: Ty Williams
Took at a look at the 5w20 they offer now vs a several year old spec sheet. HTHS has dropped from 3.3 to 3.0.

Well, I hope they didn't [censored] around with the D4 formulation because I just placed an order for the gallon jug!

Originally Posted By: Ty Williams

Here's a link to the 5w20 page from 2013. Nothing has changed: https://web.archive.org/web/20131008184755/http://www.redlineoil.com:80/product.aspx?pid=1&pcid=21

You have to go back to 2012 for a change to show up: https://web.archive.org/web/20120711114137/http://www.redlineoil.com:80/product.aspx?pid=1&pcid=21

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back