Grp II vs Grp III (LSPI, Deposits in T-GDi, GDi)

Status
Not open for further replies.
What say you here sir??
smile.gif

I say it would appear a synthetic blend may well be the best course of action. Pennzoil Gold or Valvoline Maxlife or Quaker State Enhanced Durability, or Havoline HM Synthetic blend.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: bbhero
What say you here sir??
smile.gif

I say it would appear a synthetic blend may well be the best course of action. Pennzoil Gold or Valvoline Maxlife or Quaker State Enhanced Durability, or Havoline HM Synthetic blend.

That is an excellent point. And, if you look at the current descriptions of many so-called Conventional Oils on their respective websites, they claim to be "synthetic blends" as well.

Originally Posted By: d00df00d
BITOG thread search result on slide 3. Someone's famous. :]

Haha, yes i saw that.

True indeed. Valvoline, Havoline DS and Castrol all mention that in their conventional oils. I'd bet $10 those may well have been that way since the start of API SN. Just not mentioned before this last yr or so.

Originally Posted By: Mainia
It seems to me Redline or Motul Ester is the sweet spot, or is the ticket here.
eek.gif

I am not sure of the GPV content in Redline oil.

Thanks for the second link. Intake carbon deposits are something I worry about. I'm confused though if I'd be better off using which oil. It seems though more frequent changes are crucial.

Originally Posted By: Mainia
It seems to me Redline or Motul Ester is the sweet spot, or is the ticket here.
eek.gif

Gp5 can be anything. Could be pag for all we know. And ester be the onbe that is near gp2 performance.
Also note the 7.5w, and slides say that there is a lack of supporting evidence. This whole thing looks like it was made specifically for bitog to bicker over.

Originally Posted By: FlyPenFly
Thanks for the second link. Intake carbon deposits are something I worry about. I'm confused though if I'd be better off using which oil. It seems though more frequent changes are crucial.

That's my takeaway as well. A quality Convl (2.4L) or Blend at under 5K mile oci.

Unless I lived in Montana , I would simply forgo the turbo engines and not deal with potential LSPI ... Besides , where I live they are a speeding ticket magnet !

The Santa fe 2.0T platform hasn't really had the issue from what I've been able find online. But i will only use an oil with dex1Gen2 or ACEA approval in it to be safe from now on. The Sonata 2.4L is a different animal altogether.

Help me out on this.

Originally Posted By: CT8
Help me out on this.

He's ref the third slide from the second link where they site BITOG...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back