"Please update your acct. to enable 3rd party host

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Please update your acct. to enable 3rd party hosting" why do i see this on a lot of sites? Do I need to update or the person uploading pics?

Its photobucket ransoming peoples photos until they pay $400+ a year for a subscription plan.

Sounds like that Dexos thing awhile back.
coffee2.gif

Originally Posted By: Merkava_4
I plan on transferring all my photos to Flickr and then deleting my Photobucket account.

Exactly what they want you to do so it frees up their storage.

Originally Posted By: ZeeOSix
I plan on transferring all my photos to Flickr and then deleting my Photobucket account.

Exactly what they want you to do so it frees up their storage.
Except its them shooting them self's in the foot.

Don't delete your photobucket account. Other people can still see the images you posted if they install an add-on in their web browser.

Originally Posted By: daves66nova
"Please update your acct. to enable 3rd party hosting" why do i see this on a lot of sites? Do I need to update or the person uploading pics?

What browser do you use?

There are browser add-ons out there that allow you to see these images again.

Originally Posted By: dishdude
It's Photobucket committing suicide.

Actually, its trying to survive. There is no profit hosting freeloaders consuming disk and network bandwidth for years. Time to pay up or leave.

Originally Posted By: Rand
Its photobucket ransoming peoples photos until they pay $400+ a year for a subscription plan.

That sounds about right to me.

Leaving my pics there, if nothing more than to not help with their storage bandwidth. Having visited the site a couple times recently to check, pop ups and ads are out of control.

Photo Bucket seems to be using the same technique that the NFL and ESPN uses,.....irritate your customers until the majority of your customers leave for good. Photobucket is as dead to me as ESPN and the NFL and NBA are.

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete

What browser do you use?

Any suggestions for Firefox?

Originally Posted By: Bear

What browser do you use?

Any suggestions for Firefox?

I am using this one:

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/photobucket-fix/

Originally Posted By: LeakySeals

Actually, its trying to survive. There is no profit hosting freeloaders consuming disk and network bandwidth for years. Time to pay up or leave.

Not true at all. The way it was implemented is terrible. A short term money plan to suck money out of its users wallets.

$400+ a year for 3rd party hosting???

If they wanted to survive they should have given advance notice.. and phased in a fee schedule that doesnt resemble pirates looting your wallet.. and breaking half the photos on the internet.

What browser do you use?
Firefox

Originally Posted By: Rand
Yeah, but this is the highest plan. There are cheaper ones

they make money of advertising. and other products they sell. i stopped PB years ago. Imgur now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back