Best way to get into Powered Paragliding?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm interested in a "school" they say in 7 days you can fly solo(!!)
Quote:

Just a few things covered in our Beginner Training Course:

A review of all the gear and understanding of the equipment
A review of the different parts of a Paraglider, what they do, and why
How to put the harness on, adjust it for comfort, and safety procedures for proper use
Procedures for handling high-wind launches such as “reverse launching”
Procedures for handling low or zero wind launches such as “forward launching”
Beginner ground handling or “kiting” of the glider – This includes proper inflation and brake-toggle control
How to control the wing while going from a reverse to forward launch position
How to control the glider without a harness and various weight-shift techniques while on the ground or in flight
Simulated launch techniques with and without the motor (both forward and reverse techniques)
Powered winch tows for complete control of your first in-air experience
Mastering flight or “glider control” before ever leaving the ground
How to properly get into your harness after launching, and how to safely get out of the harness while landing
A thorough discussion of your first solo flight which includes: launch technique, a flight course direction to safely follow, adjustment of the throttle, turning while in-flight, and landing procedures
How to properly warm-up the motor for a long-lasting engine
How to conduct a pre-flight safety inspection
Handling of unpredictable conditions or situations in a safe and controlled manor
Multiple touch-and-go flights to gain the confidence to fly without the instructor’s guidance
Proper oil and gas mixtures, spark plug gaps, cleaning the engine, and other basic machine maintenance
Glider maintenance for a long-life, including: folding, storing, and care methods
Discussion of where and when to fly safely
A review of the FAR part 103 regulations pertaining to the sport of Powered Paragliding
A review of the various equipment and accessory options available on the market.

I got ZERO experience with this.
There are no clubs near me, and this school is a good hundred miles away. They also sell the gear as well. Right direction?

Last edited:
Can you run really fast with the weight of the glider and engine on your shoulders?

Find out how much the total of everything weighs and see if you can run while supporting that much weight.

Go take a lesson, see how you like it, and ask questions. Bet it's totally doable.

Cheating the laws of physics in an arse buster, not my idea of fun.

Just kidding... But I'd think more than 7 days instruction might be in order?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back