Are you a Pot Head?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I Drink loose black whole leaf tea at home with a bit of New Zealand-sourced honey. Then I got dog sick eight weeks back (it started as sinus infection) so I felt the need to cut the coffee, and went to "soothing" tea.

I Never REALLY liked coffee, I always covered it with cream and - I just needed the "wake me up" caffeine addiction as a palate cleanser after Italian or Tex-Mex lunch.

This is how I do my coffee:

cowboy-coffee-fire.jpg

hqdefault.jpg

Yes sir … suffering jet lag and instant coffee until a barista can fix me a nice long black …
(and whatever more complicated brews the hair dressers want) …

I'm pretty sure I could do without food before I could do without coffee. I buy whichever brand is on sale (just like oil), french roast, and I drink it black. I don't care for Starbucks, but on occasion I will have a "fancy" coffee drink from a local shop. My go-to coffee is Folgers Black Silk.

In the evenings, the wife and I will have a cup of tea. Anything from Earl Grey to fruit teas, loose leaf or in bags.

In short, yes. Two cups is almost mandatory for me as a college student.

My father owns a coffee roastery in Kenner Louisiana, we do a large variety of specialty coffees for local and out of state shops as well as individuals. I've worked here from 2009-current mostly in the summer/holidays since I'm in college across state now.

51514060-FD2B-4EAB-8DD4-DD284BA3CCEB.jpg
[/

Originally Posted By: Samrsnow
In short, yes. Two cups is almost mandatory for me as a college student.

My father owns a coffee roastery in Kenner Louisiana, we do a large variety of specialty coffees for local and out of state shops as well as individuals. I've worked here from 2009-current mostly in the summer/holidays since I'm in college across state now.

51514060-FD2B-4EAB-8DD4-DD284BA3CCEB.jpg
[/

Ohhh! Wanna be my friend!
smile.gif

Man that Louisiana black chicory coffee is STRONG. They watered mine down and I still couldn't drink it. Those people down there tend to drink beer all day and need that strong syrup of a coffee to wake them up at dinner time. Lol

Originally Posted By: Linctex

cowboy-coffee-fire.jpg

hqdefault.jpg

Do you use a sock to strain it?

cowboy-coffee-fire.jpg

hqdefault.jpg

Closest thing I've ever had to campfire coffee was bluegill cooked on a rock.

Wouldn't mind trying it though. I've heard good things.

Originally Posted By: fenixguy

In the evenings, the wife and I will have a cup of tea. Anything from Earl Grey to fruit teas, loose leaf or in bags.

Have you tried Lady Grey tea?
A fully bodied, refreshing tea that's really quite lovely
coffee2.gif

Originally Posted By: loneryder

cowboy-coffee-fire.jpg

hqdefault.jpg

Do you use a sock to strain it?
No a saddle pad, as it add a certain bouquet , slight hint of salt.

Three cups a day without fail. The stronger the better.

Originally Posted By: loneryder
Man that Louisiana black chicory coffee is STRONG. They watered mine down and I still couldn't drink it. Those people down there tend to drink beer all day and need that strong syrup of a coffee to wake them up at dinner time. Lol

Cafe au lait, you gotta get it made correctly and have the coffee not be some super dark roast. If you happen to be in New Orleans, go to Cafe Beignet. Cafe Du Monde is for the birds.

Originally Posted By: Lolvoguy
Have you tried Lady Grey tea?
A fully bodied, refreshing tea that's really quite lovely
coffee2.gif

Sure have and I love it. I just don't like saying "Man, I'd love some Lady Grey right now" around the wrong people! JK
48.gif

Recently, we've got into Bengal Spice. I don't add anything to it, just brew and drink.

If any of you tea lovers are ever in the Charleston, SC area, check out the Charleston Tea Plantation. Currently the only tea farm in the United States. Official tea supplier to the US military! They do a tour through the plantation and the factory. Best of all, they have samples of every tea they sell and you can drink all you want. They said not to be anywhere on the property without a cup of tea in your hand!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back